T H I R T Y F O U R

The tragedy of the Vienna Bombing was one Rogue couldn't figure out why it happened, who would bomb them? Was it because there were many political figures there as well as two Avengers? The bombing killed people, that was the horrible thing, innocent people dead. Among them being T'Chaka, the King of Wakanda...

     The medical help that was helping people had checked Rogue since the ringing in her ears was happening continuingly and she hated it. Their opinion was concussion so they gave her something for it before going to the next person.

     Rogue stood there thinking, Natasha was talking to officials, she walked over and listened into her conversation, most of it was questions about the bombing until the officials let out a name and it made her freeze... Bucky.

     No, no way. He wouldn't do that, not unless he was the Winter Soldier. She refused to believe he would do that... She needs to text Steve, she pulled out her phone but saw it was broken, she chided herself as she put it back...

     Rogue needed to talk to Steve but her conscience got the best of her as she glanced over to T'Challa who sat there staring into the abyss. She breathed out before walking over to him.

     She sat on the bench next to the one he was sitting on, "I'm very sorry for your father T'Challa..."

     "In my culture," T'Challa began to speak messing with some kind of ring in his hands, "death is not the end, it's more of a stepping off point. You reach out with both hands and Bast and Sekment, they lead you into the green veldt where you can run forever."

     Rogue pondered on his words, "that sounds like a really peaceful afterlife."

     "My father thought so," T'Challa said when he put the ring on his finger, "I am not my father."

     Rogue saw the anger in his eyes, she sensed he wanted to do something wrong, she wanted to calm him down when Natasha spoke, Rogue had no idea she was standing there, "T'Challa, Task Force will decide who brings in Barnes."

     T'Challa stood up making Rogue stand as well, "don't bother, Miss Romanoff, I'll kill him myself."

     As he said that he walked away, Rogue wanted to go after him but Natasha grabbed her arm stopping her, she gave her a confusing look but Natasha just stared her down. The two were always friends but the Accords was something they couldn't agree on and now with the bombing... It's all the wrong timing.

     Suddenly Natasha's phone rung, she took it out and looked at the Caller ID before handing it to Rogue, "it's for you."

     "It is?" Rogue took it and saw it was Steve, she breathed out as she answered the phone, "hey Steve."

    "Rogue? Why are you on Nat's phone?" Steve asked.

     Rogue glanced at Natasha, "well she handed it to me," she answered.

     "Are you alright?" Steve asked concern laced in his voice.

     Rogue smiled a bit, "yeah, I think so, I got lucky, so did Natasha," she told him.

     Then Natasha gestured for her to give the phone and Rogue handed it to her, "Steve, I know how much Barnes means to you, I really do," she began making Rogue tilt her head, "stay home. You'll only make this worse for all of us, please."

     "Saying you'll arrest me?" Steve asked Rogue was, of course, listening in.

     Natasha shook her head, "no, someone will, if you interfere, that's how it works now."

     "If he's this far gone, Nat, I should be the one to bring him in," Steve responded.

     Nat looked at Rogue as she shook her head, "why?"

     "Because I'm the one least likely to die trying," Steve explained.

     And with that Steve hung up, Natasha sighed knowing he was going to make this worse, she looked at Rogue who seemed to be in deep thought.

     "You want to go help him, don't you?" Natasha asked.

     Rogue sighed nodding her head, "he needs me, I've fought Bucky before, I know how to handle him just as well as Steve."

     "Steve is going to make this so much worse, we don't need both of you getting arrested," Nat argued.

     Rogue shook her head, "I'm sorry but I belong by Steve's side."

     "Your not taking no for an answer are you?" Natasha asked still wanting her to reconsider, "if you're going, you may want to go now."

     Rogue nodded, "I know."

     "Here," Natasha handed her the phone, "get a hold of him, figure out where he is."

     Rogue took it gratefully, "thank you, Nat."

     As Rogue started to walk away, Natasha called out her name, "wait, Rogue," she looked over her shoulder as Natasha ran over and hugged her! "Be safe."

     "I will, I always am," Rogue smiled at her and Natasha smiled back before Rogue took off...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

     Rogue found her way to where Steve was, he was in a bar with Sam talking with Sharon Carter. She walked over as she did Sam caught sight of her.

     "Rogue," Sam stood up and hugged her lightly making sure not to touch skin.

     Steve looked over and saw her, "you came."

     "Of course I did, I couldn't let you do this alone," Rogue said smiling, "I got your back always."

      Sam smiled, "by the way nice disguise."

      Rogue rolled her eyes, she was wearing an outfit that hid her identity, most people don't know her face but they know her hair so she was wearing a beanie and had her bangs in tied back hidden by the beanie:

     "Oh thanks, is the fact he's Cap means all of his team have to wear caps," Rogue roasted back gesturing the caps on their heads.

      Sam laughed, "ha, good one."

     Then she caught the eyes of Sharon Carter, Steve glanced at the woman, "you guys have to hurry," she told them, "we have orders to shoot on sight."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

     They got to Romania, Sam and Steve had their suits whilst Rogue couldn't get her suit in time so she stuck with what she was wearing. But she can fight in anything so it's fine as she slowly remembers the bridge and her first fight with the Winter Soldier.

     Anxious, she was anxious to see Barnes again after what happened when they last saw eachother. When they did, it triggered Winter Soldier and he tried to kill her. What if it happens again? But she cants let fear control her, she has to be here for Steve. 

     It's time to bring in the James Buchanan Barnes ...