T H I R T Y T W O

Rogue sat in her room in the Avengers facility. She had gotten a package from Tony, the letter said that it was something he had been working on for a while. She meant to go one of his classes at the university he was at but she had been busy with everything. She opened the package and took out the thing inside. It was a uniform.

     One the belt and the top of the boots was the symbol 'X'. But on the sides of her sleeves was the 'A' symbol... She knew her past was the X-Men but her future are the Avengers. She smiled, Tony had been trying to get her to wear a new uniform. She had turned down every uniform that he suggested but this one wasn't that bad maybe, she'll try it out. She also noticed a new wrist device to help her telekinesis, it matched the outfit. She couldn't help but be impressed. 

     Rogue put the uniform in her closet before heading downstairs, she saw Steve watching the news... 

     "Eleven Wakandans were among those killed during a confrontation between the Avengers and a group of mercenaries in Lagos, Nigeria last month. The traditionary reclusive Wakandans were on an outreach mission in Lagos when the attack occurred." The news lady began to speak. 

     A man that was known as the king of Wakanda appeared on the screen, "our people's blood is spilled on foreign soil... Not only because of the actions of criminals but by the indifference of those pledged to stop them. Victory at the expense of the innocent is no victory at all."

     Rogue picked up the remote and turned it off. Steve looked at her and she smiled sympathetically at him. Then, they both heard a TV talking from a room they knew was Wanda's... 

     Both Steve and Rogue went into Wanda's room, they saw her watching TV. The new's anchor was talking about Wanda and if she even follows authority. Rogue wanted to yell at it saying she does and that she protects the people but she knew it wouldn't do anything. Steve picked up the remote and turned off the TV.

     "It's my fault," Wanda spoke up.

     "That's not true," Steve said.

     "Turn the TV back on, they're being very specific," Wanda shot back.

     "Honestly, it's mine... I saw that he was distracting you and I didn't know what to do," Rogue told them.

     "But you didn't do anything-" 

     "Exactly, I didn't do anything. And I left it to you to handle it when I should have helped." Rogue said, "humans are confusing honestly, they are threatened by things they don't understand, I know that better than anyone in my old universe."

    "I should've clocked that bomb vest long before either of you had to deal with it," Steve sat next to Wanda on her bed, Rogue leaned against the wall, "Rumlow said Bucky and all of a sudden I was a 16-year-old kid again in Brooklyn. and people died. It's on me."

     "It's on the three of us," Wanda responded.

     "This job... We try to save as many people as we can. Sometimes that doesn't mean everybody. But if we can't find a way to live with that... Then, next time," Steve looked at them, "maybe nobody gets saved."

    That note made them think for a second before all three of them jumped as Vision flew in through the wall! 

    "Vis! We talked about this," Wanda scolded.

    Wanda had gotten closer with Vision actually, it was actually really nice to see, after all, she had been through with Pietro, she needed someone. Rogue tried to be there for her but she had to leave to do what Thor told her so.

    "Yes, but the door was open so I assumed that..." He trailed off, "Captain Rogers wished to know when Mr. Stark was arriving."

     "Thank you, we'll be right down," Steve said.