E I G H T

Rogue sat next to Sam, they watched the man they needed to trick. Steve and Natasha were on the roof waiting. This was their job. Sam needed to get the man up there and if there are any problems, Rogue just touches them and they get out.

     "There's our guy," Sam announced.

     "Call him," Rogue ordered.

     Sam called him with the phone and soon he answered. Somehow Rogue heard what he said on the other end. She decided to not question it for now...

    "Yes, sir?" The man answered.

    "Agent Sitwell, how was lunch? I hear the crab cakes here are delicious," Sam asked with a grin.

     "Who is this?" He asked getting nervous.

     "The good-looking guy in the sunglasses next to the attractive human being, your 10 o'clock." Sam answered he had managed to flirt with Rogue at the same time making her roll her eyes, "the other 10 o'clock," the agent found them with his eyes, "there you go."

     "What do you want?" The agent asked.

     "You're going to go around the corner to your right. There's a gray car two spaces down. You, me, and this girl are going to take a ride," Sam answered.

     "And why would I do that?"

    Rogue grabbed the phone. "I wouldn't play with us, Agent. We wouldn't want to mess up that perfect tie," She threatened.

    The agent looked down and saw a red dot on his tie. He knew it was a gun immediately... He sighed and knew he had to give in.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

     Steve threw Agent Sitwell through the door onto the roof! Rogue and Natasha came out after Steve, "tell me about Zola's algorithm." He ordered.

     "Never heard of it," The agent lied.

     "What were you doing on the Lemurian Star?" Steve asked.

     "I was throwing up. I get seasick." He answered.

     "You're a bad liar," Rogue told him.

    Steve grabbed the agent and dangled him off the ledge! "Is this little display meant to insinuate that you're going to throw me off the roof? Because it's really not your style Rogers." He taunted.

     "Maybe I'll have Rogue touch you instead, I mean maybe you being thrown off the roof would be better because it hurts like a bitch when she touches you," Steve threatened.

     The Agent looked at Rogue as he realized who she was, "you wouldn't. It would just make everything we said about you right," He told Rogue.

     Rogue frowned as Steve looked at her, he gave her a sympathetic look as he gave a slight nod.

     "Fine, we wouldn't do that. And your right, it's not my style," Steve said as he let him go and he backed away, "it's hers."

     Suddenly Natasha kicked him off the ledge! 

     She turned to Steve, "oh, what about that girl from accounting, Laura?" Natasha asked.

     "The one with the nose piercing?" Steve asked.

     "Yeah, she's cute."

    "Yeah," Steve sighed, "I'm not ready for that."

    Suddenly, Sam flew up with his metal wings, he dropped the agent back on the roof and he flew on the roof and stood as his wings went back in. He took off his goggles. 

     "Hey, Rogue. How'd I do?" He asked.

     "Awesome," She complimented.

    Apparently, the Falcon trick worked pretty well and the Agent admitted to everything they wanted to hear.

    "Zola's algorithm is a program for choosing insight's targets!" He began out of breath.

    "What targets?" Steve asked.

    "You!" He took a deep breath "A TV anchor in Cario, the undersecretary of defense, a high school valedictorian in Iowa city, Bruce Banner, Stephan Strange, anyone who's a threat to Hydra. Now or in the future."

     "In the future?" Steve looked at him confused "how could it know?" He asked.

    "How could it not?" Agent Sitwell said in a 'duh' tone, "the 21st century is a digital book, Zola taught Hydra how to read it. Your bank records, medical histories, voting patterns, emails, phone calls, your damn SAT scores!" He looked at all of them, "Zola's algorithm evaluates people's pasts to predict their future." 

     "But what if you're wrong? You would kill innocent people!" Rogue asked getting angry.

     "You really don't get it, do you? Hydra doesn't care! If they may be a threat. They must act immediately!" He explained, "maybe the Avengers should take a page out of our book!"

     "What then?" Steve asked.

     The agent face fell, "oh my god, Pierce is going to kill me!" He whispered to himself.

     "What then!?" Steve asked again.

     "Then, the insight carriers scratch people off the list. A few million at a time." He finished...

     Panic ran through the Mutant as she looked at the captain, "we have to stop them while we still have the upper hand, Steve," Rogue said as she set a hand on Steve's shoulder.

     "She's right. We need to go." Natasha added.

     "Okay... Let's go."

~~~~~

     They all piled into a car, Sam was driving, Steve in the passenger seat, and Rogue, Natasha, and Sitwell were in the back... 

     "Hydra doesn't like leaks," Sitwell told himself out loud.

     "Why don't you stick a cork in it?" Sam asked getting annoyed.

     "Insight's launching in 16 hours," Natasha looked at Steve, "we're cutting it a little bit close here."

     "I know. We'll use him to bypass the data scans and access the helicarriers directly." Steve announced.

     "What? Are you crazy?" Sitwell asked.

     "That's funny coming from you," Rogue commented.

    "That is a terrible, terrible idea!" He snapped at them. 

     All of a sudden there was a thud on the roof of the car! 

     Rogue gasped as Sitwell was pulled out of the car by the window and thrown into the road and hit by a truck! Rogue and Natasha saw a metal arm and gun go up on the roof! 

     The Winter Soldier found them...