3 - Sweet and Nice

"Your new best friend makes delicious sweets," Adrien commented once he got in the car. "I was just talking to her, and she gave me two more. One for me, and another for you!" Adrien held out one of the treats Marinette brought in the morning. A different one from what he had chosen before.

"She's not my best friend, Adrien," Felix replied and took the sweet, nodding to Marinette again before the car took off. At least she talked to Adrien. It didn't take Felix long to realize Marinette's crush is his brother, and she seemed like a nice girl. Too bad Adrien's in love with someone he doesn't even know.

Adrien smirked. "I think she likes you. I couldn't hear what you two were talking about, but she was rambling on when trying to get you to take a treat-"

Felix wanted to slap him across the face. "Adrien, she does that. That's how she talks to everyone. Even you!" Felix shot back. Sure, Marinette is nice and sweet, and maybe deep down Felix saw her as a friend, but he didn't like her. She may be a good girl to have around, but that doesn't mean he thinks that he's in love with her. He thinks differently than his brother does. "By the way, Nathalie, am I free after school tomorrow?"

"You and Adrien both have fencing-"

Felix shook his head. "I'm quitting fencing."

"What?" Adrien turned to Felix, a stunned look on his face. "I thought you loved fencing!"

"It's all just so...boring," Felix sighed. In secret, for about a year, Felix had been bored, and taught himself how to fight. Fencing was different, and far too easy. Why continue with it?

Nathalie nodded and crossed off Felix for fencing on the tablet. "Very well, I will speak to your father."

"Great," Felix nodded once and pulled out his phone. "I have plans tomorrow evening."

"With his new girlfriend," Adrien added.

"Adrien Agreste!" Felix shouted, making Adrien shrink down. "You smell horrible. Did you add extra camembert to your lunch?"

"That was cold," Adrien mouthed, trying to keep Plagg hidden.

---

The following day, Marinette and Felix actually got a lot of their project done, considering the time they were given in class wasn't a lot. They would probably be able to get more done at her house, where they didn't have to worry about all the extra distractions of school.

They agreed to walk to Marinette's house after school since she lives just a short walk away. "Do you mind if we make a stop by the gym before?" Felix asked after school. "I have to give Adrien the food he left in my locker."

Marinette knew what he was doing. Felix was trying to get her to actually form sentences around Adrien for the past few days. She knows this because when they texted the night before he mentioned Adrien and she got flustered. Then Felix followed it up with "I have found my mission for you, Marinette." And even though he didn't tell her the mission, she knew.

Felix refused to admit it, but he was becoming friends with Marinette. He was still cold, closed off, and very introverted, but he had acted differently around her. Not in a way that he would ever think of being attracted to her, just the way where he was comfortable around her. And the only other time he felt this way was around Adrien, which was saying something.

"Adrien," Felix whispered from the doors of the gym. Marinette watched the boy walk over with his mask pulled back.

"Hey Fe, hey Marinette. What's up? I thought you were heading over to-"

"Yeah, yeah," Felix nodded. "We were, but you left all your stinky cheese in my locker again. I know how much you need it to get through the class," Felix handed Adrien the bag, making Adrien chuckle.