15 - Marinette's Cousin

Marinette was jumpy. She was very excited to have another girl join their little family and have her cousin go through school with her.

As happy as she was, she was worried what she would think of her once learning about her alter ego.

Alya came over to the bakery to watch over it with Felix. There were a few orders that were supposed to pick up at the time the family needed to be at the airport. Felix was more than happy to watch over and having Alya there was a bonus. He wouldn't have to do f alone, that way. Alya didn't even know about watching the bakery, she just wanted to meet the girl that's like Marinette, she's wants to make a good impression!

Around noon, the plane touched ground the small family was waiting.

"Marinette! Tom! Sabine!" A voice shrieked and the three of them turned around to see Bridgette running towards them. Her hair was longer than Marinette's, but the same color, and she was a little shorter height wise. She also dressed differently, but that was to come with different personalities.

"Bridgette!" Marinette engulfed her cousin into a hug. "It's good to see you!"

"It's been so long, how are you?" Sabine asked, joining in on the hug.

"Oh dear, now I'm outnumbered. Once Felix leaves, it's three against one," Tom mumbled, joking and contributing to the hug.

The four released from the hug and started walking to get her bags. Bridgette walked next to Marinette while her parents trailed behind. They needed time to catch up.

"So, is it true? Are there real superheroes here?" Bridgette asked, marveling at how different everything is.

Marinette chuckled. "Yeah, they're real. How did you know?"

Bridgette pulled her phone out. "I stumbled across this blog...they're really cool!" She told Marinette, showing her the Ladyblog.

"Hey, my best friend runs that blog!"

"I am very excited to meet her," Bridgette commented. "Wait," She turned around to face Tom and Sabine. "Did you guys close your bakery to come get me? Marinette could have done it by herself, or I could have gotten a car-"

Sabine shook her head. "Our employee is there watching over with Marinette's friend. Don't worry," She smiled, calming everyone's nerves.

"Oh, good!" She giggled. Marinette may be very bubbly and cheerful, but Bridgette topped the cheer level Marinette has. Felix would definitely feel different about her.

---

Marinette and Bridgette grabbed her few bags and walked in the front door of the bakery. Alya was sitting behind the counter, typing away on her phone. It made sense, this was one of the less busy days. "Alya, this is Bridgette!" Marinette announced.

Alta's head shot up with a smile clear on her face. "I've heard so much about you!" Alya ran over. "Hi, I'm Alya," She announced and stuck her hand out.

Bridgette was one to be very affectionate, which is something no one would forget. She pulled Alya into a hug. "It's nice to meet you, Alya!" She said and pulled back.

"Bridgette reads the Ladyblog," Marinette whispered.

Alya's eyes looked like they were going to pop out of her head. "You do? Oh, my, we are so going Ladybug and Chat Noir hunting sometime!"

Bridgette giggled. "Where's the Agreste?" Marinette raised her eyebrow.

"He went into the back for something," Alya shrugged, and continued talking to Bridgette. It was an instant connection, which Marinette was thankful for, it would have been awkward if Alya didn't like Bridgette.

Marinette opened the door to the back. "Felix? Hey, my cousin's here and I want to introduce you."

Felix looked up. "Yeah, I'll be right out. Sorry, Adrien called."

"Tell him I say hi," She smiled and he held up his finger. He said a few more things, then hung up.

Felix walked to Marinette and she led him out of the back. "What was Adrien saying?"

"Oh, just complaining about a shoot. Someone decided to put him in feathers, and now he's miserably dying because they got everywhere," Felix chuckled at the thought, and they walked through the door. "That, and Nathalie wanted to check up on m- Bridgette?"

Bridgette's head shot around and she dropped her phone when she saw Marinette and Felix. "F-Felix? I didn't think I'd ever see you again, oh my gosh, I thought you died!" Bridgette ran over and threw him into a hug.

Instead of doing what he would normally do, he put his arms around her. "You guys...know each other?" Marinette asked, trying to wrap her head around things.

They released the hug and Felix gave a small smile. "Well, remember how I told you I lived in China a few years back? It was more for Adrien...you know, the face of Gabriel, so I was just kind of there. I ended up taking some classes and I met the black belt Bridgette. But then, we had to leave abruptly one day," Felix started to explain and turned back to Bridgette. "You have no idea how terrible I felt for leaving without warning."

Bridgette scolded him. "I was so worried! You never told me your last name so I couldn't search you online," Bridgette groaned. "And you were nowhere to be found."

Felix shrugged. "Blame my father."

Sabine and Tom offered the four kids to head upstairs and show Bridgette around. Marinette was happy that Bridgette and Felix got along, because if they didn't have that connection, they would probably hate each other.

"So, it's not much...but this is the little home!" Marinette led Bridgette inside with Alya and Felix trailing behind. "Mama and papa's room is back there, and my room is upstairs. Right now, sleeping arrangements are kind of funny. Felix is staying with us since his family is gone, but everything should be able to work out." Marinette explained.

They listened to Marinette ramble, like she does. "Girl, you need to learn to breathe between your words," Alya laughed, making her stop talking.

"Sorry, sometimes I do that," Marinette got quieter.

"We know. It's just how you are," Felix commented, but before anyone else could say anything, Alya gasped.

Everyone turned to her, waiting to compose herself. "There's an Akuma! Come on, let's go watch!" Alya grabbed Bridgette's hand.

"What about you two?" Bridgette asked Marinette and Felix.

They looked to each other then back at Bridgette. "We've seen them a lot...you go have fun with Alya," Marinette told her cousin, and she nodded before running out with Alya.

"This is going to be harder to hide than I thought," Felix sighed. "Claws out!" He shouted and walked to the window, opening it.

Marinette followed and did the same, throwing her yo-yo out the window to get to the Akuma.

It was definitely going to be a challenge.

But Marinette never backs down from a challenge.