16 - The Topic of Adrien

It had finally hit everyone that they missed Adrien like hell. They had managed to make it halfway through summer with just texting and skyping, but not having him physically there was starting to affect things.

Felix was the most impacted; he was missing his brother. Marinette missed him because he was always someone to look forward to, and she really wanted to talk about the superhero thing. Alya missed her buddy that freaks out the new Ladybug updates. Nino misses his best friend and sharing music with him.

Alya made friends with Bridgette, and they had been hunting for Ladybug and Chat Noir for days now. Nino enjoyed her company as well, as she would listen to whatever music he wanted her to. Felix didn't know how to react, having to know her from his past. Marinette thought, maybe, he was crushing on her, but she couldn't tell. It was all friendly and at times awkward.

If they did like each other, it definitely wasn't as obvious or awkward as she and Adrien are.

Having Bridgette around was turning out to be much better than anyone ever thought. It was just a plus Marinette's friends liked her.

All of Bridgette's things, which wasn't much, invaded Marinette's room. She also slept on the couch that turned into a bed, as the house is a small one, but Bridgette didn't mind.

While Felix was making deliveries alone, Marinette was showing Bridgette around town since her parents granted her some time off to collect ideas and welcome Bridgette.

Marinette showed her all the main places in Pairs. "Oh, and that's the school," She pointed to the building she spends most her time in.

"Hey, Marinette," Bridgette stopped her from talking. "Are you and Felix together?"

Marinette almost tripped when she was asked that. "What? No, not at all," She told her cousin.

Bridgette nodded. "Really? You guys act like a couple."

Chuckling, Marinette put her hand on Bridgette's shoulder. "We're just friends. Really close friends," She told her. "But we've gotten asked that a few times."

"Yeah, you guys have this weird dynamic that just seems like you're dating," Bridgette shrugged.

Marinette continued walking. "Yeah...no, we aren't together. I like someone else."

"Have I met this someone else?" She smirked.

Shaking her head, Marinette sighed. "He's out of the country...shouldn't be back for a few more weeks," Marinette started, "It's Felix's brother."

Bridgette nodded. "He's a model, right?" Marinette confirmed by nodding and pulling up a few Gabriel photoshoots. "They're brothers? I wouldn't have guessed."

"Try twins," Marinette giggled. "They're very different, though."

---

Marinette rolled her eyes. "She's going to find out sooner or later," Marinette sighed.

"I don't know...I can't tell her," Felix said. "I mean, I know I'll only be him for less than a month, but I don't want her to know."

"I don't understand why not?" Marinette cocked her eyebrow and jumped to a roof across from the cat.

Felix followed. "I used to know her, LB, I'm worried her whole perspective of me will change if she knows. This isn't even my job...well, not totally!" Felix stressed and sat down to overlook Paris.

Marinette walked over and sat next to Felix. "She's my cousin; I think I should be more worried about her finding out and telling my parents," Marinette put her hand on his shoulder. "She's going to find out. We share a room now, anyways," She sighed. "As much as I wish we didn't have to tell her-"

"You can tell her. This is not my secret to tell, Adrien can decide if he wants to tell her. I'm not revealing myself," Felix declared, cutting Marinette off. "I won't be Chat Noir soon; I wasn't chosen."

Marinette put her arms around Felix for a hug. "You have a ring now, right? Technically, if you have Plagg, you could still turn into Chat-"

"I don't want to. I'm dangerous, Marin-- LB, if I use cataclysm, who knows what could happen? This could get even worse than they are! My ring was conjured by Plagg, and it was broken...I could kill someone..." Felix sighed.

"Ladybug! Chat Noir!" A voice shrieked. Looking around, Bridgette was standing on the balcony of Marinette's house.

"Shit," Felix whispered. "She knows we aren't there!"

The two flung themselves over to Bridgette who seemed to be freaking out. "What's up?"

"My cousin and friend are missing. They were in here when I went to sleep, but now they're gone," Bridgette was pacing around.

Felix didn't say anything; he just stood there in silence. "Don't worry; we'll find them," Marinette nodded and threw her yo-yo to fly off. They landed a few blocks away on a random roof. "I guess we have to get back."

"Guess so," Felix started, but was cut off when he saw a girl walking around the streets of Paris. "Wait, is that Alya?"

Marinette turned her head before transforming back. "Yeah, what would she be doing out this late?" Marinette asked and started walking towards her.

"Let's find out," Felix declared and extended the baton to the ground, falling down and landing next to her. "Hello again, Miss Ladyblog," Felix offered.

Marinette followed. "You can't just do that to people, Noir!"

Instead of jumping and freaking out like she normally would when confronted by the two heroes, she just looked at the with confusion.

Marinette ended the silence. "Are you okay? We saw you walking and wondered what you were doing out so late-"

Alya shrugged. "I'm fine; I had to make a run to the store for my sisters. But..." Alya started and turned to look at Chat Noir. "I passed by you guys earlier and didn't realize it until you ran away to Marinette's house...Did you say Adrien? Agreste?"

Felix looked to Marinette for help, but she was so shocked that she could barely move. "Yes, I did," Felix confirmed.

"Is he the original Chat Noir?" Alya asked, making eye contact.

Felix took no time to reply, already thinking of what she was going to ask. "No, he's not. He's a friend of mine and LB; we were talking about him."

Alya sighed and furrowed her eyebrows. "But, a secret?"

"Yes, he has a secret that involved LB and I, we were considering telling someone. But it's not mine to tell, so it's up to Adrien," Felix explained, trying to get the two out of this mess. "I'm sorry about all the confusion," He said.

She nodded but didn't say much more. "You should head home, now, we have to get going as well," Marinette put her arm on Alya's shoulder, offering a small smile.

"Thanks," Alya said, and started walking again.

Marinette and Felix dashed back to the bakery in their regular clothes, hoping Bridgette wasn't too worried. Or, that she wasn't catching on.