6 - Birthday Celebrations

Felix sighed as he watched his brother get ready for dinner. Adrien looked like he was about to pass out. "Are you sure you want to go to dinner? I watched the fight online with Marinette's parents, it was intense, Adrien. We can always ask if we could do the dinner tomorrow," Felix suggested.

"N-no," Adrien answered. "I just need some coffee. Fe, will you have Nathalie-"

"I'm already here," Nathalie walked in the room. "A present from your father, boys," Nathalie handed the purple box to them. "I'll bring you coffee, but only if you start getting more sleep," Nathalie nodded and walked out.

"Cool! A gift from father!" Adrien's eyes lit up. Felix recognized the box and stared at it with concern as Adrien opened it. "It's a scarf!"

Felix almost passed out right there. "Hey, how about you finish getting ready while I check on something in my room?" Felix suggested and left before receiving an answer. Felix walked directly past his room and found Nathalie waiting for the coffee.

"What the heck, Nathalie?" Felix crossed his arms.

"I'm sorry, what?" She asked, turning around to greet him.

Felix glared. "You gave Adrien a gift saying it was from father when it was really from Marinette! Do you know how much that will hurt her? She spent time on that, more time than father ever spent on gifts for his own children!" Felix yelled at her. "And I got an exact look-alike of the scarf yesterday morning. Adrien isn't stupid, he'll figure it out, so I think you need to come clean."

Nathalie sighed and grabbed the coffee; the two started to walk to Adrien's room. "I know it wasn't right...but your father wanted me to get you two a gift. I'll be honest, with all the chaos going on, I forgot."

"He won't even notice if you tell Adrien- he got us pens the last three years," Felix commented.

Thank goodness for Felix and his stubbornness. He was not going to let her get away with it, and once Nathalie apologized, Adrien was still happy. "Well, Felix, we have to wear them when we see her!"

Felix nodded with a small smile. "Sounds perfect, I think she'd really enjoy that."

But Felix was also worried about Marinette. She was probably just as exhausted as Adrien and hoped she would be okay to sit through dinner all night. The place the three of them agreed on was a fancy restaurant where you actually had to dress the part to get in, but it was also an expensive fancy. Marinette declared she would be paying for it, but both twins agreed that they would do whatever was in their power to pay for it. They had the money to throw around, and Felix knew she had to save up for a few months to pay for this. He wasn't going to let her throw away her savings on food.

Marinette was freaking out. She was beyond tired and could barely function, but also had to function in every way possible at this point. She had no idea what to wear, since this wasn't something she normally did.

So, with her tired mind, she decided it would be a good idea to call Alya. "Hello?" The voice picked up, and Marinette quickly realized it wasn't Alya. She called Felix.

"I-I'm sorry Felix, I meant to call Alya. I'm totally stressing about tonight!" She told him.

Felix sighed. He knew she was hurt and probably needed rest, too. "We can always do it tomorrow-"

"No, I mean I don't know what to wear," She explained, looking at her closet and breathing heavily.

Felix let out an airy laugh. "I'm the son of a fashion designer," He reminded her. "Do you want me to come over and help?"

"No you don't have to," She spoke quickly. "Just, what do you think would look good? Color wise, actually clothing wise?"

Felix thought for a moment. "Do you have a red dress that isn't a huge gown? Like a casual, but also kind of fancy dress? If you have red, even better, I bet you look great in red," Felix offered.