12 - Distressed Discoveries

"Oh yeah, Marinette's parents are out of town this weekend so we're watching over the bakery," Felix told his brother over skype. He had been gone for two weeks now and Felix missed him desperately.

He couldn't stay at the mansion. He tried. Felix tried so hard, but after the third night he had a terrible nightmare and since Adrien was on a plane, he called Marinette. Marinette quickly told him to come over and her parents were more than welcoming to him. Currently, he was sleeping on an air mattress they set up in her room. It wasn't luxury, but he wasn't alone. Felix didn't even need luxury, he just wanted company.

"That's awesome!" Adrien told him. "Is Marinette there right now?"

"She's in her room grabbing blankets for our movie marathon," Felix told him.

Adrien sighed. "Alya keeps sending me updates on Ladybug and Chat Noir. The fights are getting tougher, how are you two doing?" Adrien asked. "Not as easy as the first one you faced."

Felix shrugged. It actually hadn't been that bad. "We work well together. Of course, not like you two do, but we've been good. Hawkmoth is making it harder on us, but we keep thinking it through before diving in," Felix explained. "Just have to outsmart the Akuma."

"Good, good," Adrien nodded. "This trip is terrible. I mean, it's not bad that I'm going to new places, and I like taking pictures, but being stuck with father and Nathalie every second of the day is driving me insane," Adrien told his brother.

"I got the blankets!" Marinette shouted and tossed them down the steps. "Oh! Are you talking to Adrien? Hey Adrien!" Marinette yelled and ran down the steps to stand behind Felix, smiling and waving at him.

A smile grew on Adrien's face. Felix internally groaned, they're so oblivious. Felix knew Marinette was in love with Adrien, and Felix knew Adrien was in love with Marinette, too. They just didn't know the feelings were mutual, yet.

"Hey Mari," Adrien smiled. "How's it going?"

"I can't believe you left me alone with Felix," She jokingly groaned.

"Speak for yourself! I'm stuck alone with you!"

Adrien giggled at their friendly banter, wishing he was there to witness it himself. "Well, I should probably get going. I have an early day tomorrow and you guys should watch your movies," Adrien started when he saw what time it was.

"Right," Felix nodded. "Goodnight Adrien."

"Night Adrien!" Marinette screeched.

"Night, guys," Adrien smiled one last time and clicked the button to end the call.

---

They didn't even get through the first movie before there was alerts coming across their phones that there was a midnight attack.

"You've gotta be kidding me," Felix sighed when he looked out the window to see a flying Akuma throwing cars around and heading for the Bourgeois hotel.

Marinette snuck away from Felix to her room to transform. Once he realized she was gone, he transformed as well. By Plagg's worry, he could tell this was a dangerous one. Typically, Hawkmoth sends out Akuma's during the day...but in the middle of the night? This would set a whole different tone and it would be a new experience.

Felix got outside only a few minutes after Marinette and they started to assess the situation. They went to the Bourgeois hotel and found the mayor and Chloe awake and confused.

"Did either of you do something that could have made you a target?" Ladybug asked the pair. Felix looked to Chloe, who was staring right back at him.