29 - Gala Continued and The Box

Felix came running into the room Adrien and Marinette were sat in. "Are you okay? What happened?" Felix started exploding.

Marinette let out a little laugh and the door shut when Chloe followed Felix in. "You're worse than my dad, Felix," She said. "I'm fine, just tired."

"I knew you were too worn out to come tonight, what even happened? Hawkmoth has never been this powerful, why all of the sudden-"

"Fe, there's a new villain working with Hawkmoth," Adrien told his brother, still dressed in the leather cat suit. "We just found out last night, it seems to be a woman, and now they're much stronger."

Felix had a confused look on his face. "And you're just telling me this now?" He asked.

"Guys, I'm ready, let's go back out there," Marinette called and stood up. "Tikki, spots on!"

"Mari, are you sure? I can have Felix-"

"I'm all right, let's go. I'm not going to let Hawkmoth and his friend ruin my night. Plus, I'm half convinced they're here," Marinette declared. "Chloe, please don't tell anyone there's a new villain."

She put her hands up in defense. "I won't, promise," Chloe nodded. She reached for the door, "After you, Ladybug."

---

Marinette walked with Tikki in her purse to the healers. She had been there only a few times, one not knowing he was the healer, one after Lila turned into Volpina, and once when she noticed a change in Chat Noir. It was strange, after Lila was stopped in her lies, she faded into the background.

"Master Fu?" Marinette called when she walked into the healer's home. "I really need your help, Tikki is-"

"Marinette?"She jumped when she heard Nino's voice. "Did you say Tikki?"

"Oh my gosh!" She put her hand over her heart. "You scared me! What are you doing here?" She disregarded the last question.

Nino shrugged and showed the box. "Making a delivery."

She nodded. "Right, uh, have you seen Master Fu?"

He nodded back to her. "He's meeting with someone right now, but he should be done soon."

Marinette sighed. "I guess I'll just...wait, here."

"What do you need him for?" Nino asked. "I've been shadowing him for a while; maybe I can help."

She shook her head. "It's something only Master Fu knows."

Nino shrugged, not worrying about it. A few minutes later, Master Fu walked out from the back room with a customer. "Marinette, what brings you here?"

"I have to talk to you about something, really important," Marinette breathed out.

"Have you meet Nino before? He's my apprentice, learning how to handle the ways of being the guardian," Fu put his hand on her back.

Marinette's eyes shot over to Nino. "You're learning to be the guardian?" Marinette asked, shocked at what was happening.

"Fu...she's one of my closest friends..." Nino groaned, and Fu only shrugged. "You can't tell anyone, they can't- wait, how do you know about the guardian?"

Marinette scratched the back of her neck. "Um..." She said and opened up her purse. "Fu, can you please heal Tikki? She's drained, and nothing is helping."

Fu took Tikki out of the purse. "Oh, Tikki, how did this happen? You were so healthy?" He asked as he walked into the other room and sat her down on a pillow.

Nino couldn't form any words, but he followed, his mind going a million miles an hour. "Um, Master Fu," Marinette started, "There is another villain, it's not just Hawkmoth anymore. She's much more powerful, and her power is the reason Tikki became drained," Marinette explained.

Fu looked up quickly. "Wayzz was right; he said he felt that there was another dark power," Fu sighed. "How did you figure this out?"

"Chat and I had Alya help us try to figure out who Hawkmoth is, or where his base is, but when she thought she was getting close, he overtook her computer and played us a video. He then showed us another villain, and then the video ended," Marinette explained.

Nino gasped. "Wayzz," He called, and the flying turtle came out. "Is this new villain a miraculous holder?"

"I cannot feel a new aura, so I do not assume so."

Marinette sighed. "I don't know if Chat and I can do this alone anymore. It took us nearly all day until the gala to defeat that Akuma, he was so powerful. And we both had to recharge," Marinette told him.

Nino walked closer to her. "We're working on it."

---

Alya stared at the box sitting in front of her.

Only open when it's the right time. You'll know.

"Does this count as the right time? I mean, Ladybug looked like she was going to pass out yesterday after that fight. It seemed much harder..." Alya picked up the box and messed with the latch on the front.

"Ugh, forget it!" She called and opened up the box. An orange light filled her room, and she had to shield her eyes. When the light finally died down, she almost screamed when she saw a floating...bug?

"Alya, please don't scream!" The floating creature shouted.

She walked backward away from it. "How do you know my name?" She yelled.

"Alya, dear, are you okay?" Her mother yelled, which she only replied with a loud yes.

"What are you?" She whisper shouted.

"I am a Kwami, and the name's Trixx. You know Ladybug and Chat Noir, right? Well, Kwami's are the reason they have their powers," Trixx explained.

Alya's jaw dropped. "Are you saying what I think you're saying?"

Trixx nodded. "I heard there was an Akuma that nicked my power a few months back. Volpina, maybe? Yeah, she stole my powers!" Trixx complained. "But at least you know what you can do."

Alya raised her eyebrows. "You mean to say I can create illusions?"

"Ah, she can be taught!" Trixx flew around. "Let's talk about the guidelines."

Wayzz flew around screaming. "Master! Nino! She's been activated! Trixx has been activated!" He shouted.

"She has? Finally!" Nino cheered. "Did you hear that Fu? She opened the Miraculous!"

Fu smiled. "I can't wait to see her fight," He commented. Marinette was too busy talking to Tikki to ignore the conversation happening between the Guardians.