39 - Aftermath

"A surprising group of seven took out the villain threatening Paris yesterday," The reporter said as the large group watched the TV in Adrien's house. After a visit to Master Fu's healing, Adrien was back to living in only a few hours. He was advised to rest, though, making sure he would recover completely from the shot as quick as possible.

The group stayed out of school on Monday. Everyone was far too tired and needed time to recover from the fight, and they were glad their parents agreed to let them stay home. Once Sabine and Tom convinced their parents (Tom saying, "parents know their kids, even if they have a mask on") they agreed.

"We knew some of them. Ladybug, Chat Noir, and Vixen were there, of course. But there was a new hero, who had an interview with the infamous Ladybug, called herself Queen Bee. There was another man, dressed as a turtle, who we have not heard of before. There were two others dressed in all black, most of their faces covered, so we cannot determine who they are," The reporter said.

"I'm so proud of you guys," Sabine said as she brought out a plate of sweets. They were celebrating the defeat and recovering from the energy draining attack by hanging out at the Agreste mansion. Gabriel had allowed all of them to come over, finally warming up to Adrien's friends, and even invited Marinette's parents over- partially because they were the only other adults who knew.

The seven teens grabbed cookies off the plate, Marinette giving one to Tikki as well. "We really are. It's amazing what you kids did...something no teenager would have ever thought they'd have to do; you did in a matter of only a few days once finding out who Hawkmoth was," Tom added.

"Gabriel Agreste seemed to be involved in the plan, as he hosted a press conference before calling out Hawkmoth. He was luring him to the park, then letting the heroes take care of him. Watch some exclusive footage right here, right now," The reporter smiled, and the TV began to show highlights from yesterday's fight.

Gabriel walked out and took a seat in one of the single chairs. "I'm impressed with all of you," He said. "Only weeks ago, after figuring out Adrien is Chat Noir, I was ready to take Hawkmoth out myself. But you all took time to come up with a plan you were sure would work then executed it perfectly," He nodded. "That is truly amazing," Gabriel complimented.

Everyone thanked him for his kind words, happy that Gabriel approved. "Just, Adrien, next time you decide to take down a villain, please stay out of firing way," Gabriel said, the corners of his lips peaking up.

"I will- wait, did you just make a kind of joke?" Adrien gasped. "Then sMILE?" He almost screamed.

Felix put his hand in Adrien's shoulder. "Hey, Fu said to keep it calm. Don't scream," Felix reminded.

Adrien hit Felix's hand away and took another sweet from the table. "Hey, Chlo, you aren't talking much."

"I'm just thinking," She said. "Do you think Fu just gave me Pollen because he knew we were going to fight Hawkmoth...and he wanted an extra person there? What if he doesn't think I'm actually worthy to have a Miraculous? Will he take it away?" Chloe worried.

Marinette laughed. "I'm almost positive he won't take it away. You know, I tried to give my earrings to Alya, and I couldn't even get rid of them when I wanted to," Marinette told her of the first week of having her Miraculous. "I think we should just be happy Pollen and Trixx made it out and didn't have to spend more years inactive."

"Really, though," Nino added. "Wayzz told me how bored they get."

Everyone chuckled a bit. "Well, I think it's safe to say we are safe from Hawkmoth," Sabine said. "Thanks to all of you, you amazing kids," She said. The TV flashed a bright light, calling everyone's attention. It was when Marinette grabbed the broach and Hawkmoth turned back into an ordinary person, the police taking him away only seconds later.