22 - Plans and More Suspicions

"Morning Nino, Alya, Adrien," Marinette smiled to her friends when she walked in. She stopped in front of Adrien's desk to talk. "I heard Felix made a pun over the weekend."

"He did!" Adrien jumped. "I was so surprised I almost had a heart attack!"

Marinette laughed. "What was it?"

Adrien looked to his brother talking to the excitable Bridgette. "He told me the cheese isn't the only thing that stinks around here, after I made a pretty bad joke," Adrien snickered. "I didn't even care that he said my joke stinks! He made a pun!"

"Your jokes do kind of stink, though," Marinette shrugged.

Adrien threw his hand over his heart. "My lady...that hurts. I thought you of all people would be the one that lives for them!" He dramatically moved, putting his hand on his forehead and leaning back.

Marinette laughed and patted his shoulder. "One day, Kitty," She smiled and sat in her seat. Alya and Nino looked to each other with wide eyes, confused when this all happened.

"What?" Marinette asked Alya when she saw the look on her face.

Alya's head moved to look at the few classmates who were eavesdropping on the conversation Marinette was having with Adrien. "Nothing, I guess," Alya sighed and turned away, then turned back quickly to her friend. "When did you and Adrien get this...close?"

Marinette looked at her with a blank stare. "Uh, I guess over the summer? When Felix stayed over we Skyped Adrien daily, so I guess we just grew closer?"

"And you're not freaking out that you can talk to Adrien normally? And be playful?" Alya asked.

Marinette shrugged. "I don't know. I still like him, a lot, but right now I've got a lot on my shoulders, and it's easier to be friends than not to be able to talk to him," She admitted. And she wasn't lying; she jus didn't tell Alya what was on her shoulders. Oh, just the lives of everyone in Paris.

"Yeah, okay," Alya nodded slowly. "Good luck with that."

---

Marinette sat in between Adrien and Alya at lunch that day. The group of six was either not talking at all, and everyone was on their phones, or they were overlapping each conversation going on. It was a confusing group, but also fun and exciting. Every day was different.

"I still don't understand why you carry around so much of that stinky cheese!" Alya squealed when Adrien brought it out of his bag.

Adrien shrugged. "It's a necessity these days."

"He's obsessed with it," Felix mumbled, making Marinette laugh.

The conversation died out when Chloe approached their table alone. Marinette had gotten lucky, she only had a few classes with her his year, but it was still enough to make her suffer. "Afternoon, Chloe," Adrien smiled.

Felix gave Marinette a look that was unreadable. He knew she was in the limo with her the other day, and he knows she didn't look. "Hi, Adrien," She smiled, then her eyes shifted beside him. "Marinette Dupain-Cheng," Chloe called. She rarely ever called Marinette by her first name only, it was always her full name.

"Yeah, Chloe?" Marinette asked.

"Will you be at the bakery this afternoon or evening?" She asked, not offering anymore after.

Marinette thought for a second. "I should be. Why? Do you need something?"

"I was trying to decide when to pick up my order from your parents," She confirmed. "And, I need a follow up with what I asked you about a few weeks ago."