11 - Going Away Festivites

Felix watched Adrien pack his bags. Since they moved around so much and traveled all the time as children, they knew how to pack lightly. Adrien only had two suitcases filled with clothes and random essentials, like technology. He didn't want to leave, but he was happy that Felix was going to take him to the Dupain-Cheng Bakery one last time before he leaves.

Felix played his favorite music to cheer Adrien up as he packed. Plagg was even being sympathetic, aware that this split would be one of the hardest things for the twins to go through.

Adrien squished his bags together and grabbed his pillow to take as well. After an hour, Adrien was packed. He was a procrastinator, and he only packed a day before he was leaving.

"Are we ready to go to the bakery? I get a good discount since I work there now," Felix smirked. Plagg situated himself in Felix's shirt, best to stay hidden.

"I still can't believe you told Ladybug her regular Chat Noir is your brother," He laughed as they got ready to walk out.

"Hey!" Felix defended himself. "That was weeks ago, and my first time actually having a conversation with her that wasn't filled with tension," Felix sighed. "I haven't slipped up anymore, and we've been battling Akuma's together since then with nothing wrong! We've learned how to fight with each other, so how long are you going to bug me about this?"

"Haha, bug," Adrien chuckled and threw on a jacket. "I'm probably never going to let it go. I'm putting in on your grave. Here lies Felix Agreste. He had the best brother in the world. Yet, he told Ladybug his brother is Chat Noir, while he was in the Chat Noir costume," Adrien declared, and they walked out of the house to make their way to the bakery.

Felix punched his shoulder. "Who says you get to put something on my grave? I would have Marinette decide over you."

Adrien started to ramble on why Marinette would put something far worse than he would, but Felix wasn't paying much attention. He was thinking about the Bakery. Adrien may think they're going there to buy a few sweets and spend the rest of the day together as a brothers day before he had to leave, but boy, was Adrien wrong.

Marinette was freaking out. "Everything has to be perfect, Alya!" She stressed. She was hanging lights and a banner and running around to make sure everything was clean. She also had to check that the surprise wouldn't be ruined from seeing things from the windows.

"Everything will be," Alya assured her. "Your dad made an amazing cake, and you helped decorate it. I think he'll just be happy we're all here to remind him we're gonna miss him while he's traveling the world," Alya told Marinette, trying to calm her.

"Felix said he's spending a lot of time in the states. That time change is insane, I'm worried," She sighed.

"He'll be fine," Alya put her hand on Marinette's back, then jumped. "THEY'RE HERE!" She shouted. Marinette, Alya, Nino, and Marinette's parents hid behind the counter and turned off the lights to the bakery.

Adrien's face grew a frown when he saw the lights off and the sign saying closed. "I guess not," He said.

Felix waved his hand at Adrien. "They told me they were opening late. They knew we would be here; I'm sure they're still upstairs," Felix pulled out his set of keys. "Sabine said I could just come in when we got here," Felix nodded and unlocked the door. "Get the lights," He told Adrien, and Adrien listened.

He flicked the lights on, and the group of five jumped up to yell "SURPRISE!" at Adrien.

He jumped back and put his hand over his heart. He should be used to this by now, Nino loves to scare him, and Felix always messes with him.

Adrien was washed over with emotions when he looked around the room. There was a sign that read "Happy travels, Adrien!" and displays of as many as his favorite sweets they could manage. It was set up buffet style with the large cake in the middle of it all. "We love you, Adrien!" Marinette wrote on the cake. They all wanted to make sure that Adrien knew they would miss him this summer.

"Oh, my gosh, guys," Adrien gasped and noticed the balloons and confetti hanging from the ceiling. "You didn't have to do this."

"Of course we did," Marinette spoke up, "You're leaving for the rest of summer, and we couldn't let you do that without having a party one last time."

Adrien pulled Marinette into a tight hug. "This is incredible."

Sabine and Tom smiled at each other when they saw the children interact with one another. "Well," Nino cut in, "What are we waiting for? Marinette's parents make the best food; I'm dying over here!"

Adrien pulled away from Marinette while he was talking with a large smile spread across his face. "Nino's right," He looked to Tom and Sabine, "You guys do make the best food."

Felix held his hand up. "Do you have any camembert? It's Adrien's absolute favorite."

Adrien hit his brother's shoulder. "Not mine, Felix's."

Sabine chuckled. "If you want some cheese there may be some upstairs," She offered.

Everyone disregarded what was said, and everyone went to the dessert buffet. They closed up the shop in order to have this fabulous going away party for Adrien, and he felt kind of guilty. They closed for him, lost sales for him, just because he would be gone for a few months.

"Don't worry, son," Tom told him when he overheard Adrien talking to Nino. "We do this sometimes. And you are such a great friend to Marinette; you're part of the family. It makes our day to do this for you, since you'll be gone for so long," Tom gave him a hug. "We're actually having another party the weekend before school starts back up again, will you be back by then?"

"Thank you, Mr. Dupain," Adrien smiled. "But I'm not sure when I'll be back, it all depends on my father," He sighed.

Tom put his hand on Adrien's shoulder. "Well, you're welcome anytime. If you can't make it, we'll just have to have another party!" Tom said. "Stop talking to the old man and go spend time with your friends," Tom chuckled and walked away to talk to his wife.

Adrien turned back to his friends. "Marinette, I love your parents," He declared.

"That makes all of us," Alya chimed in.

Nino and Felix nodded while Marinette laughed. "Yeah, they can get annoying, though."

The conversation continued into more random things that would change the subject every three sentences. "We'll skype you all the time!" Marinette told Adrien.

"You better keep us up to date on your life, man. And I want to hear about all your travels!" Nino said and took a bite of the cake.

"Don't worry, Adrien," Alya called all attention on her, "I'll be sure to send you all my updates on Ladybug and Chat Noir if the Ladyblog doesn't work where you are!"

Adrien chuckled. "That's the most important."

Felix stayed quiet. "I'm gonna miss this."

Adrien looked to Felix and pulled him into a tight hug. "Me too, Fe."