27 - Hacking

Alya sat in her room as she worked on the program she put together. Finding Hawkmoth' location was not the easiest thing for her, but she was determined to break through.

She thought she was getting somewhere. She already confirmed that it was, indeed, an adult. But, she had no idea if Hawkmoth's powers would change gender, change the voice, or anything else that could help track him down.

Her computer crashed after trying to break into more cameras. She groaned and covered her eyes. It wasn't late, the sun was just going down (or was it just coming up?) and she already needed a break.

There was a knock at her door, and after Alya had groaned, it opened to reveal Marinette and Bridgette. "What's the groaning for?" Bridgette laughed.

"A secret project...god, I wish I could tell you," Alya sighed and closed her laptop. "Forget it, the only person they told me not to tell is Felix, and I can't keep this to myself for much longer, Mari, Bri, I'm going insane, I need to tell someone," Alya exploded, and Marinette gave her a weird look. "I'm working with Ladybug and Chat Noir!"

Nino was walking with Adrien and Felix on the way to Alya's house. They know she has been completely stressing out lately, but have little idea why. Well, Adrien had an idea, but he couldn't share that with Nino and Felix. Felix would kill him.

"Hey, Nino, I want to hear one of the stories you talked about the other day!" Adrien suggested, as there was awkward silence between Felix and Nino.

Nino perked up. "You do? Uh, okay, so Fu told me this legend about these gods," Nino started. "They're ancient, but they're very powerful. They're only activated when the correct holder opens the box they sleep in, and it can be very hard to find the proper owner. These little gods grant powers when their holders say the correct words, and they transform to help people. But sometimes, they can get into the wrong hands, and the power can be used for bad," Nino thought of Hawkmoth, trying to stay calm. "There are many of them, but there are two that are the most powerful, and when put together- well, no one really knows what happens. It's never happened before. But that's why some bad people want to get them, to have the ultimate power."

Felix gave Adrien a strange look. "Sounds like Hawkmoth?"

Nino shook his head. "It's a legend, remember? Kwami's aren't real."

Adrien and Felix's eyes grew when they looked at each other. "Did you say Kwami?" Felix asked.

Nino gave him a blank stare. "No? What's a Kwami?" He lied. He slipped up, but hope his friends didn't notice, so he tried to cover it up. He walked up to Alya's house door and knocked, smiling when her mom opened the door.

"Hi guys, Alya, Marinette, and Bridgette are upstairs, feel free to head on up!" Alya's mom told them, and they all filed in.

Bridgette sat on the bed and gave Alya a comforting hug. "I can't believe you're working with Ladybug and Chat Noir. That's such an honor, what are they asking you to do?" Bridgette asked. Of course, she already knew about the plan, Marinette had told her.

Alya walked back over to her computer. "I'm helping them track down Hawkmoth. We've confirmed it's an adult, but every time I think I'm getting somewhere, my computer crashes, and I have to start all over," Alya sighed. "I'll be honest; my first thought was Gabriel Agreste. But he was gone all summer with Adrien, so at least we know it wasn't anyone traveling with-" Alya's jaw dropped. "I have an idea!"

Alya started typing quickly as the door to her bedroom opened. "Okay, who can get me the dates of every Akuma attack since they started?" Alya shouted.

"Uh, what are you doing?" Nino asked.

Marinette ran over to Adrien. "Alya has an idea, but Felix can't know!" She whisper yelled. "She's onto something; I don't want to stop her-"