20 - Close Call

There may not have been an Akuma on the first day of school, but the second day, Hawkmoth did not hold back.

Marinette was sat next to Alya in the class right before lunch. They, luckily, had Mme. Bustier for the class and she had a pretty good idea why Marinette would run out of class whenever there was an Akuma. She stopped questioning her, but never confronted her about it.

"May I go to the bathroom? Thanks!" Marinette squeaked before running out to find a place to transform. And within a few seconds, Ladybug went flying past the classroom.

"I have to record this!" Alya ran out of the room and opened up her blog to stream it.

Mrs. Bustier sighed, tired of how long the attacks had been going on. "You all know the drill by now, right?"

The class responded with nods and grunts, either turning their phones on or heading to the window to watch.

The fight went on much longer than they thought it would. Alya had to get back to the school, Ladybug demanded it, it was too unsafe. So, like Paris always has when it comes to Akuma attacks, they went about their day.

Alya stomped into lunch and sat down next to Bridgette, across from Nino and Felix. "Wow, what's wrong with you?" Nino asked, taking a bite of his sandwich.

"Ladybug threw me back here and told me to stay, or she would barely give interviews again," Alya grumbled.

"Well, I don't blame her," Felix started, "It looks like a dangerous fight."

Alya threw her hands up and groaned. "I know," She sighed. "Hey, where are Marinette and Adrien?"

"Probably making out," Bridgette shrugged, getting weird looks from the other three. "What?"

Felix rolled his eyes. "As much as we all wish they would get together, you know how they are. Marinette got a call from Sabine that she needed help during lunch and Adrien decided to go with her. It was a lot of carrying in boxes and Tom wasn't there, so now she has two teenagers helping," Felix said, forgetting that someone actually knew about Marinette's secret.

"Adrien, too?" Bridgette raised her eyebrows.

Felix shrugged, trying to play it off. "I could be wrong."

Adrien and Marinette were screaming as the Akuma was getting harder. "This has gone on for far too long!" Marinette yelled to her partner. "If we don't do something quick, I'll change back, and I don't have any cookies."

The two hid behind a wall.

"I've got a minute left; I should really get back to my bag. I've got cheese in there for mine," Adrien sighed, looking around for any escape. "I'll call Felix and tell him to find some cookies," He said. "Just be careful, and I'll be back soon."

Marinette watched Chat Noir run off, soon transforming back to Adrien and running inside the school. He ran up to his group of friends, that luckily grabbed the bags of their missing friends. "Where is that damn cheese?" Adrien yelled as he pulled things out of his bag, throwing them into the table.

Alya began to talk. "Nice of you to join us- What are you doing?" She asked when he started digging through Marinette's bag.

"Does she gave any cookies?" Adrien looked up, "It's an emergency."

Bridgette gave Adrien a questioning look. "No, she was running late this morning-"

"Felix!" Adrien yelled. "Go get some cookies, please, it's important."

Felix nodded and stood up, not waiting for anymore explanation. "Sorry guys, gotta go!" Adrien yelled and ran off again, giving Plagg the cheese as quick as he could.