35 - Discover

"Hi, we're here to see Chloe Bourgeois," Marinette said. "We're her friends."

The doorman looked shocked. "I wasn't aware she had any more than the red haired girl that's always here."

"Well, we can assure you she does!" Adrien smiled.

The doorman raised his eyebrows. "I don't know; I'm not usually allowed to let visitors see Miss Bourgeois unless she notifies me first. She hates sur-"

"Marinette, Adrien, Alya! What a nice surprise, what are you guys doing here? Did I miss a planned lunch?" Chloe pushed the door open and started checking her calendar on her phone.

Marinette gave her a small hug. "No, nothing like that. We just have something really important to talk about..." Marinette said, and winked so Chloe would get the hint that it's different than what she thought.

"Oh, then come on in!" She let them in. "We'll go to my room so we can all chat without any interruptions."

They got in the elevator and Alya looked like her head was going to pop off. "You mean to tell me Chloe had known before I did?" Alya yelled at Marinette.

Marinette gave Alya a weak smile. "It was a mistake, she kind of figured it out...then asked me about Tikki and I was so tired that I just kept talking," Marinette explained.

Alya shrugged, crossing her arms and playfully rolling her eyes. "Hey, I heard about Bridgette," Chloe started. "How's she doing?"

Marinette took a deep breath. "She's fine now...but it was weird. Luckily Felix was able to get through to her, and now she's spending the weekend with him to keep her calm," Marinette explained.

"That's good," Chloe smiled when the four of them got off the elevator and walked into her room. "So, what's this important business about?"

It was just then Marinette realized Chloe had no idea Adrien is Chat Noir and Alya is Vixen. "So, a few weeks ago Chat Noir and I had Alya help us track down Hawkmoth. We really think she was onto something, but he hacked her computer and showed us the new villain, locking her out of everything," Marinette told a quick backstory, Chloe nodding as she listened.

"And last night, after Bridgette was back to being herself, we decided we really need to take care of him. He knows Marinette's identity now, it's only a matter of time before he finds out about me," Adrien said, and Chloe's eyes went big. "Right," He pointed at her. "Forgot you didn't know."

Chloe took a deep breath. "I'm okay, just freaking out a little more."

Adrien chuckled. "But last night, we had an idea. Do you have a computer that cannot be traced, or hacked, at all?" He asked.

Chloe smirked. "My father does, in the hidden room behind the mayor's office."

"Would you be willing to let us use it?" Alya piped up.

Her smile turned a little more sinister. "Follow me."

---

Bridgette moved her food around with her fork, not eating anything. "Come on, Bridgette, you know you have to eat."

She shrugged. "I can't believe I let him get to me," Bridgette said. "I feel terrible."

Felix reached across the table and grabbed Bridgette's hand, making her look up slowly to the boy sitting across from her. "Hey, stop worrying. You're the first person I've ever seen fend off Hawkmoth, you were strong enough to decline his offer," Felix reminded Bridgette, a smile on his face. "That takes real happiness and courage, to endure the pain of someone so evil and angry inside your mind, Bridgette, you inspire me."