32 - Ice Cream

Ladybug jumped down a roof. "I don't know; I'm still suspicious."

Chat Noir shrugged. "She was really a help, though," He commented.

"Yeah, but so was Lila until she turned on us. Just think, what if it's another Akuma trying to earn our trust? And then throw you off the Eiffel Tower?" Marinette sighed.

Another pair of feet landed on the roof. "I know it's been a few days since the fight, but I really had to find you guys," The lower voice replied.

"I know it's hard to trust me, because the last person in a costume like this threw Adrien Agreste of the tower then it only turned out to be an illusion, but I can promise you that you can trust me," Vixen said. "I don't know how to prove it, but you can."

Ladybug blinked when she saw the girl dressed in a fox costume. "You remind me of my friend," Ladybug said.

Vixen stepped back. "Sorry?"

"It's not a bad thing," Ladybug clarified. "Just something I noticed. I have a problem trusting people after my whole life with Chloe, and Lila making illusions to hurt me; I don't know what to do," She confessed.

Vixen walked closer and grabbed her hands. "I promise, I am one of the good guys, and you can trust me," She said. "I found my miraculous in my room weeks ago, and once I heard there was a second villain, I opened and activated it. My Kwami's name is Trixx, if you're curious," Vixen confirmed, trying to make herself sound like she knew what she was talking about.

Chat and Ladybug exchanged glances. "All right, I trust you," Ladybug gave up. "I heard Tikki talk about Trixx once," She said and walked to the edge of the building. "I'll see you guys around."

---

Marinette walked in before the bell rang and stood at Adrien's desk, making jokes with him. He would make a terrible pun, she would roll her eyes in reply, and he would laugh.

If Alya didn't know better, she would say they were flirting.

"Hey, wanna go get ice cream after school?" Adrien asked. "Then we can do homework?"

"Yeah! That sounds great," Marinette said. "Will we have to escape your bodyguard again or are you free this afternoon?"

Adrien thought for a minute. "I think the only person we have to escape tonight is Felix."

"He's off the list too! Mama and Papa are closing the bakery tonight for a much-needed date night, so Bridgette invited Felix to go see a movie since they're working just as much as my parents," Marinette explained.

Adrien grabbed her hand. "Then it looks like we're good!"

"Great, I don't think your bodyguard likes me. The last few times...he's given me some filthy looks."

Alya knew she shouldn't be eavesdropping, but she was.

"He doesn't hate you, he's like that with everyone," Adrien replied. "Are you free for a video game rematch on Friday?"

"Definitely, I need a reminder that I can still kick your ass," Marinette smirked.

Adrien's eyes went wide. "Bug, you really think I'm that terrible it makes you swear?"

"Silly kitty, I don't think you're that bad," Marinette said. "I know it!"

She walked around him and sat in her seat next to Alya. "That's cold, bug, very cold," He scolded. "Almost as cold as the ice cream you'll be buying later."

Marinette rolled her eyes and turned to Alya, who had a surprised look on her face. "When did you and Adrien start dating?"

"Me and Adrien? Dating? Oh, we're not-" Marinette stopped herself. "I can understand how that whole interaction made it seem like we were dating," She concluded. "But we aren't. We've just gotten really close recently," Marinette told her.

"Uh-huh," Alya nodded, not sure what to think.

Marinette decided to change the subject. "Hey! I saw your article on the new hero Vixen; she's awesome!" Marinette said.

"You think so?" Alya asked, feeling Trixx snicker in her bag.

"Yeah! I'm just glad she's not like Volpina, we really didn't need another one of those," Marinette said. "What do you think of her?"

Alya shrugged. "I don't know. She seems okay, but do Ladybug and Chat Noir need her? I have a feeling they were better off without her," Alya sighed.

"No way," Nino turned around. "I think they really needed her. You've seen how difficult the attacks have been lately! With Vixen, they were able to get the Akuma finished off without having to run away and recharge," Nino said, getting a weird look from Marinette. "I mean, I just think she's a huge help and an important role in the fight to bring Hawkmoth down," Nino said and turned back around abruptly.

Marinette raised her eyebrow. "Nino, can we talk later?" She called.

"Sure," Nino piped out, a squeaky and uneasy tone coming from him.

---

"What do you know about Vixen? You know who she is? Were you the one who gave her her miraculous?" Marinette bombarded Nino with questions as she waited for Adrien outside.

Nino put his hands up in defense. "I know who she is! I didn't give her the miraculous, Fu asked me who I thought would be good for the job of the fox Miraculous and I told him, he made it happen," Nino admitted. "As for what I know about her, well, about as much as you do."

Marinette sighed. "So not much," She said. "But it's good to know she isn't a fake. I was nervous."

"Yeah," Nino scratched the back of his head. "I probably should have told you to expect a new hero who looks like Volpina..." He said. "It probably would have helped a bit."

"You think?" She lightly hit the back of his head.

"Hey!" Adrien laughed as he walked over. "Why are we beating Nino? Do I need to join in?"

Nino shielded his face. "Do not hit me, please!"

Adrien looked to Marinette. "Why are you hitting him?"

"He knows about Vixen, and I want to know more," Marinette grumbled. "And, he knows my identity. How many people are going to know my identity? I swear," She thought for a second. "You, Felix, Nino, Bridgette, Chloe, Fu, your father, I think the only person that doesn't know is Alya!" Marinette exploded quietly.

Adrien had a confused look. "Wait, how did Nino find out?"

"He's training to be the guardian," Marinette shrugged. "Fu kind of gave it away."

"Mari!" Nino rolled his eyes. No one was supposed to know, and now two people do.

Marinette rolled her eyes. "The what?" Adrien asked.

"The guardian. Of the Miraculous'. I'll have to take you to meet him sometime; I'm sure Plagg needs a total reboot," Marinette said.

"Make sure to do that when Wayzz isn't there, he and Plagg don't get along well-" Nino stopped himself, realizing he ruined it all. "Wait, Plagg? Adrien, you're? What?" Nino out his hands up to his head, trying not to freak out.

Adrien smiled and shrugged. "Ice cream, milady?" He extended his arm for Marinette to grab.

"I would love to."