31 - The New Member

Ladybug and Chat Noir watched as the akumatized villains tried to find the real ones.

"How do I know that you're not another one of Hawkmoth's Akuma's to trick us? Last time I met someone that looked like you, I thought the person I love was going to die!" Ladybug shuddered.

The girl flinched. "I want to prove it to you I'm not an Akuma," She said. "How can I do that? And how can I do it quickly, so we aren't obliterated by the actual Akuma's?"

"Bug," Chat called. "She's already different than Lila. She," He stopped, trying to think. "I don't know; she seems real. But my brother and your cousin are in that building right there, with Gabriel Agreste, the Akuma's victim. We can't risk it..." Chat said, looking back at the building.

Ladybug nodded. "Let's go."

The three ran off and got back to where the unnamed hero was perched before the fight. She made the illusions vanish, and called out to the Akuma's. "We're up here!"

"Do we have a plan?" Chat Noir asked.

"Right now, not exactly," Ladybug replied. "We don't even know what they can do."

The girl perked up. "I have an idea on how we can find out what they can do. Hurry, duck down," She told Ladybug and began to play her flute. She made it look like Ladybug jumped off the roof and swung right at the pair of Akuma's. They lifted their hands and shot, only making them bigger.

They were the size of Stoneheart and were a lot like rocks. "So, they're like our first fight, but upgraded?" Chat pondered.

Ladybug got back up. "Lucky charm!" She called.

A random object, a toy claw grabber, appeared in her hands. "This is going to be a long fight."

"I have an idea," Foxy said, calling attention to herself.

"Come on, Alya, Ladybug and Chat Noir can't do it alone!" Trixx called.

"We're listening," Ladybug told her after looking between the Akuma's and the lucky charm.

"Well, if we can have Chat Noir go over there and Cataclysm that billboard, it would fall and land on the Akuma's. It would knock them down," She said.

Alya paced around the room, not saying much. "Please just say the words," Trixx begged as she heard the yelling not far away.

Chat Noir nodded. "That I can do. Then what?"

"Then, Ladybug and I will go over to the Akuma's and use the lucky charm," She thought for a moment.

"I don't know if I can do this. I love superheroes, but I've never imagined being one! What if they don't trust me? What if I mess up and they never trust me?" Alya paced, not listening to her new Kwami.

Ladybug nodded as she listened. "I think the Akuma is on their necks, in the necklaces," She said. "Ladybug, the lucky charm could help us get to the necklaces without having to get close," Foxy told her plan. Alya had yet to come up with a name for herself, but that wasn't as important.

"Alya..." Trixx sighed when she looked out the window.

"That...could actually work," Ladybug said. "Okay, Chat, go do your thing."

Chat Noir took off with a boost of his baton. "Cataclysm!" He yelled, and the billboard fell, landing right on the Akuma's.

"Let's go now!" Ladybug yelled and swung her yo-yo to get to where the Akuma's were, while Alya jumped down with her special jump.

Alya turned around abruptly. "Forget it!"

Ladybug used the lucky charm to grab the first necklace, and stepped on it, breaking the Akuma out.

"Trixx, fangs out!" Alya yelled.

She grabbed the second necklace, and both Akuma's broke free. "Time to de-evilize!"

"Yes!" Trixx squeaked before landing in the necklace and transforming her.

"Gotcha! Bye bye, little butterfly!" Ladybug yelled. "Miraculous Ladybug!"

Chat Noir met the two girls with a big smile on his face. "That was awesome!" She said, and his ring warned of four minutes. "What's your name?"

"My name is..." She thought for a moment. "Vixen."

"Welcome to the group, Vixen," Chat greeted.

Ladybug nodded. "Yes, welcome," She said. "Wait, how did you use your flute more than once? We have an extraordinary power, but we can only use it once," Ladybug gave a confused look.

Vixen shrugged. "My Kwami said it was because I'm not as strong as your Miraculous, so instead of one big power, I have a smaller one I use multiple times," She said.

The earrings and ring have off their warnings. "I should probably be getting back," Ladybug said.

"Me too," Chat agreed. "Hold on, Bug, uh, my father found out about this," He gestured to himself. "I don't know how, but it happened," He sighed.

Ladybug gasped. "Oh geez, does he know about me? I can't imagine the judgmental looks he'll give me now!" She started to freak out.

Chat Noir shrugged. "If he does know, he doesn't care. He complimented the dress you made that your cousin is wearing," He told her.

Vixen gave them both a strange look. "So, you guys know each other's identities?"

They both nodded. "It was an accident, if I'm being honest. I almost got myself killed, and his brother went off on me," Ladybug laughed a bit, and her earrings rang again. "I'll see you around. Come on, Chat," She said and pulled the cat along with her, swinging her yo-yo to leave the area.

They transformed in a random alleyway. "Who was that?" Marinette asked.

Adrien shrugged. "No idea. But I bet if she meets Felix, he'll know," Adrien laughed. "Want to come back to the conference? Father is talking about his next line."

Marinette gasped. "Of course I do!"

---

"Who was out there with you?" Bridgette whispered when Adrien and Marinette arrived at the press conference.

"I'm surprised how well that went, they looked like they would have been much harder," Felix concluded.

Marinette shrugged. "Vixen came up with a really good plan. I'm sure Hawkmoth was surprised there was a third hero."

"The Akuma's didn't know what hit them!" Adrien's fist pumped Marinette.

Gabriel walked up to the four teenagers. "Ah, Miss Dupain-Cheng, what a pleasure it is to have you join us," Gabriel said. "Just on time for that Akuma, too."

Marinette looked down, unsure of what to say. Felix decided to speak up and confront his father for his wrongdoing. "Father, why did you think that was a good idea? Calling out Hawkmoth like that? He has a second villain conspiring with him, making it much harder for our protectors to-"

"And because I allowed the heroes to protect, I was not able to go with my plan to find out who Hawkmoth is," Gabriel determined.

Felix forced himself to not roll his eyes. "You don't understand, that's not how it works," He groaned. "Hawkmoth and his accomplice want the Miraculous and will do anything to get them. We're lucky Vixen showed up to help, who knows what could have happened!" Felix said.

"Felix, it's okay," Marinette put a hand on his shoulder. "We should have told you, but, uh, we had Alya try to help us locate Hawkmoth. It didn't work, that's why we found out about the other villain. Hawkmoth saw she was close to figuring it out, and shut her down," Marinette said.

Felix groaned. "Is there anything you're not telling me?" He turned to Bridgette.

She shrugged. "I don't know, probably."

"You're not being any help."

Gabriel turned back to the press, figuring he would deal with the teenagers later. "Let's talk fashion," He declared.