13 - Confusion

note: after kwamibuster it's been confirmed kwamis don't show up on camera but let's ignore canon rules here :)

Felix woke up to his computer blaring the Skype call tone. He opened the computer from its sleep and accepted Adrien's call. "What's up? You woke me."

"Sorry," Adrien said, "I've only got a few minutes, but Alya just sent me the footage from the Bourgeois hotel fight last night. Is Marinette there?" Adrien asked, trying to keep his identity a secret.

Felix looked over to the opposite side of the couch and saw Marinette still asleep. His eyes drifted to the floor in front of her and Plagg, and Tikki was sleeping on the pillow she left for them. After Felix's breakdown, they watched a movie, and ended up passing out. "Nah, she's upstairs."

"You used Cataclysm!" Adrien screeched. "That could have ended so poorly."

"I know. But he was going to hurt LB more than he already had if I didn't do something to stop him," Felix's eyes darted over to Marinette, but back to the screen a second after. "You wouldn't have let that happen, either."

"Is she okay? I saw her fly away after the battle, but if she thinks that shot arm was going to get past me she's got another thing coming-"

Felix opened his mouth and cut off Adrien. "She's okay. Managed to get away with a scar. We've had many of those; she can handle it."

Adrien nodded. "I was worried. About Ladybug. About you using Cataclysm-"

"What's wrong if you use Cataclysm?" Marinette groggily sat up. "I mean, I know it's destructive, but is yours different?" She asked, her tired self still not fully aware that Adrien doesn't know she knows.

"Marinette?" Adrien shot up, afraid she heard more than she needed to.

"Hi, Adrien," Marinette squished into Felix to get into frame.

Adrien's face went ghost white, worried she had heard their whole conversation.

"Adrien's yelling woke us up," Marinette shrugged.

"I was whispering!"

"Felix must have his volume on full blast," Marinette stood up to stretch.

The tiny cat god flew up. "Hey, Adrien!" Plagg called and got in front of the camera, only making Adrien more afraid Marinette would see Plagg. "Have you kept your promise? Have you been getting me the best cheese in every city?"

"Plagg!" Adrien shrieked.

Tikki flew up next to Plagg. "You're all idiots. He can't read minds! He wasn't there! Adrien doesn't know!" Tikki's high pitched voice yelled.

Felix, Marinette, and Plagg all looked at each other. "Oh right..." They all sighed.

"Felix, what?" Adrien put his hands on his head, just like he was going to rip his hair out.

Marinette giggled, waiting for Felix to talk. "Last night I was worried Ladybug was hurt. I kind of lashed out of her and yelled, and kinda revealed our identities," Felix closed his eyes, waiting for Adrien to yell.

"And..." Adrien tried to keep his sentence going.

"I'm Ladybug," Marinette breathed out. She realized that was the only time she ever said that without the costume on, and it scared her. "Hi, kitty."

"Marinette? You are? How did I not see that-"

Felix took it upon himself to answer the question at hand. "Because you're dumb and oblivious-"

"I can't believe it! Oh my gosh...who would have thought we were in the same class!" Adrien exploded, a million emotions washing over him at once.

"I would have thought," Felix shrugged. "Oh yeah, I did."

"Adrien! Time to go!" Nathalie's voice sounded in the background.

Adrien groaned. "I'll call you guys later. It seems like we have a lot to talk about," He sighed.

"Tell Nathalie I said hi," Felix offered and then said his goodbyes. Marinette as well, and the call ended.

Felix chuckled, laughing at his brother. "He's such an idiot. How am I sharing DNA with him?"

Marinette sighed, shaking her head. "No idea," She responded, "My parents should be back in a few hours, we should probably clean up," Marinette told him.

Felix groaned and stood up. "Yeah, then we have to open up the bakery. There are some orders we said we would get out."

"I'm aware," Marinette giggled.

---

No one would have ever pictured Felix Agreste working at a bakery.

The son of world-famous fashion designer, introverted and quiet, Felix Agreste wanted to work at a bakery.

Gabriel was very shocked when Felix came home to tell his father that instead of working at his fashion company, he would be working at the Dupain-Cheng Bakery. It's a good thing Gabriel knows how good the bakery is and it's a top notch place, or else he would have said no. But he could see that Felix really wanted to work there, and was very happy when Gabriel agreed.

Felix started out with working in the front with Sabine and carrying out orders with Marinette. Sometimes they would do deliveries together and haul around many boxes of sweets, and sometimes they would take calls to place orders or help the walk-ins.

"Felix, do you want to learn how to make some sweets, boy?" Tom asked the Sunday when they got back. Since most things in Paris are closed on Sunday, Tom would be more than happy to teach Felix to bake.

And Felix greatly accepted. He always wanted to learn to bake, and now he had a chance to!

Marinette continued working on her many designs while Felix was working in the kitchen learning to make sweets.

"You're very good at this, Felix," Tom told Felix as they worked. They were making macaroons, as they are very popular in the bakery, they could always use extra.

"Thanks, M. Dupain," Felix smiled, which has been happening more lately.

Tom patted Felix's back. "How many times do I have to tell you, you can call me Tom. It's completely fine, son," Tom let out a deep laugh.

Felix shrugged. "Sorry, it's a formality I'm used to," He said and continued to work on making the macaroons.

Sabine got off the phone after an hour and ran up to Marinette's room with a big smile on her face. "Mama? What's wrong?" Marinette asked when she saw her out a breath.

"Nothing! Everything is great!" She chirped. "Your cousin is officially coming to stay with us throughout the rest of high school!"

Sabine's family mostly lived in China, and Marinette has a cousin the same age. It was surprising they weren't sisters, they looked more closely related.

Of course, Marinette hadn't seen her cousin since they were kids, but they hadn't changed much.

"Really?" Marinette smiled. This had been talked about for around a year, having her cousin come live with them and finish off high school in France, but nothing was set in stone. Now it was actually happening.

"Yes! And she comes next week!"