19 - Back To School

The classes barely changed, just the topics. Like the past few years, the first-period class only had a few new students. Nino was waiting outside of Adrien to return while Alya, Marinette, and Bridgette walked into the classroom. Alya and Marinette claimed the seats they had sat in the past few years, saving the seats in front of them for their friends.

"Bridgette, you can sit wherever you'd like-"

"I'm going to wait for Felix, maybe we'll sit by each other," She commented, shrugging, and stood next to Alya and Marinette to talk while they waited.

Felix walked in the door a few minutes later. "Where's your brother?" Marinette asked.

"Saying hello to all the people that missed him this summer. Nino is with him, too," Felix shrugged. "I'm going to go sit-"

"Want to sit here, Felix?" Bridgette patted the desk on the other side of Marinette.

"I- I usually sit in the b- sure," Felix stammered and took the seat next to Bridgette, which was the one closer to Marinette.

Marinette turned to talk to Alya when Adrien walked in. "Adrien! Welcome back!" Alya shouted.

He waved quickly and ran over to where Felix was sitting. "You're towards the front!" He boomed. "With Marinette- Mari!" Adrien turned to the girl sitting beside his brother. "Wait," Adrien looked turned around and looked at Marinette. "I'm so confused."

Marinette laughed. "That's Bridgette, my cousin. I kind of forgot to tell you she was coming to France," She chuckled.

Adrien's eyes widened with a small laugh. He didn't say anything, but he turned around and engulfed Marinette into a big hug.

Marinette smiled. "What was that for?"

"What, I can't just randomly hug you? I haven't seen you all summer!" Adrien exploded.

"That's a li- oh, no, that's entirely true," Marinette covered up. She had, in fact, visited Adrien outside of Paris only a few days ago, but no one could know why. And even then, Tikki are in ten minutes, and she had to get back home. They didn't see each other for too long.

Marinette hugged him back, tightly. "It's good to have you back. I've missed you, and I'm still mad you left me alone with Felix all summer."

Felix rolled his eyes. "At least I don't snore. You, on the other hand, Marinette, you are a very loud snorer."

Marinette let go of Adrien and crossed her arms. "Either you're completely lying, or you got used to it," She raised an eyebrow.

"Adrien snores just as bad as you do. I got used to it."

"Okay, guys, when did this happen?" Alya gestured to Marinette and Adrien.

Adrien and Marinette gave each other a weird look. "When did what happen?" Adrien asked.

Alya rolled her eyes and sat down, groaning. "Nevermind," She shook her head, a small laugh following.

Marinette looked to her other friends for help. Adrien shrugged and sat down, unsure of what just happened. Bridgette offered a big smile, but shrugged as well. "You guys are so dumb," Felix mumbled before going back to his phone.

The teacher called attention on her. "Welcome back students!" She smiled. "I see some new faces," She commented. "I hope everything will be good to you here."

---

Marinette had her next class with Nino and Felix, which was an equation for disaster. And even more lucky, it was three at a table.