38 - The Battle

"As you may know by now, I have become very outspoken when it comes to Hawkmoth," Gabriel spoke into the microphones while cameras were flashing and recording. They came up with the plan late Saturday night, and decided to execute it Sunday morning. "And now, I am becoming more outspoken. Hawkmoth, I know who you are!" He yelled, causing much of the crowd to oooh and awe. There were full whispers going on when Gabriel stopped talking.

Alya stood in the front, special space granted by Gabriel Agreste himself. She was broadcasting his press conference to the Ladyblog, front and center, the best seat in the house.

"I also know your plan," Gabriel announced. "You may underestimate the team of teenagers that have been stationed to take you down, but do not test them. They are some of the most talented and amazing people I have met...and you think hacking into the reporter's computer and showing them you have an accomplice is going to stop them. Frankly, I don't even think you have someone working with you. I think you just told them that to scare them away, and when it didn't work, you started kicking up the difficulty, only draining you and your Miraculous more!" Gabriel said, looking down at Alya for a split second.

Sat backstage were Felix and Adrien, people could see them and probably assumed they were there merely to support Gabriel and his press conference. "Hawkmoth, either you come down here and turn your Miraculous over, or you come down here and fight like a man! Stop hiding behind your dirty talking Akumas; you can't even defeat a few teenagers!" Gabriel said.

Outside of the venue, Bridgette and Chloe were walking around on the streets. Bridgette's fighting outfit was hidden underneath a large coat and, Chloe was itching with excitement to turn into Queen Bee. The day before she spent with Marinette, learning the basics of fighting. And she was more than ready to kick some ass.

"I know you hear me, Hawkmoth! I had Miss Césaire check her hits on her blog, and you were one that came up frequently. So even if you aren't watching the broadcast live on TV, I know you're watching it on the blog," Gabriel stalled, trying to encourage Hawkmoth. "What are you waiting for? I'm calling you out, and there is a big park right behind this venue. I'm waiting for you."

Marinette was hidden. They assumed she was the only identity Hawkmoth knew, so she would be the last one exposed. Nino was with her, as he was one of the strongest and would make for an extra surprise.

There was a loud explosion behind the venue. "I'm here now, Agreste!" Hawkmoth's low voice called, making himself known to the reporters and Gabriel.

Alya turned her phone to show Hawkmoth standing in the middle of the park. "What are you waiting for?" Hawkmoth yelled. "I'm here, let's go!"

"Oh, dear friend," Gabriel shook his head. "I never said I would be the one fighting you."

"Plagg, claws out!" Adrien yelled. Felix opened the window quickly, and Adrien ran out. "Nice to finally meet you, I'm Chat Noir. You're a lot taller than I was expecting," Chat Noir said when he landed on the roof.

Hawkmoth laughed. "You call me a coward for using Akumas? You're sending the one hero you have?" He said. "To defeat me? Imbecile!" Hawkmoth shouted and aimed his cane right where Chat Noir was standing.

Alya stopped the Ladyblog broadcast and claimed that he shot out the wifi, then ran over to where Felix was. "Trixx, fangs out!" She yelled. Felix dropped his coat to reveal his suit and put his arm around Alya. She jumped out of the window, held onto Felix, and jumped where Chat Noir was now relocated to.

"Oh, I see two of you are only protected with magic, makes an easy target for me," Hawkmoth bellowed.

"Get down!" Vixen yelled and she and Felix ducked down to where Hawkmoth couldn't see. She began to play her flute and it appeared that Vixen and Felix jumped off the roof.