8 - Puns

Marinette was easy around Felix and Adrien after the night Felix showed up at her house. As it was approaching the end of the school year, they were more upset that they had limited days to take advantage of.

But a month before the end of the school year, Felix came in with a happier look. He wasn't smiling, but when he saw Marinette, his tone was much happier. "My father came to an agreement, Marinette!" He told her, his bag on her desk and his hand on her arm.

"What do you mean?" Marinette asked, shocked by his excitement.

"He decided to postpone the trip for a month, but then he and Adrien will leave, and I'll be working at Gabriel or whatever other job I can find...since I really don't want to work there... but, he's going to come back a week early!" Felix smiled. That still meant they would be without each other for nearly two months, but it was the best offer their father was going to give them.

A smile grew on Marinette's face. "That's awesome, Felix!"

Adrien ran in, much farther behind Felix. "Nino! I get to stay for a month!" He shouted.

"You do? That's great!" Nino high-fived him.

Adrien turned around to face the two girls and his brother standing next to Marinette. "The weekend after school is out, do you guys want to come over? We should celebrate making it through the year," Adrien asked Nino, Alya, and Marinette.

"Yeah, I'd love to!" Alya cheered. "Sounds like the perfect kick off to summer."

Marinette nodded in agreement. "I'll be there."

"Me too, gotta hang with my best bud a few times before he leaves us!" Nino replied.

"Felix, you have to confirm you'll be there," Marinette reminded him.

Felix raised an eyebrow. "Marinette, I live there."

Marinette punched Felix's side. "So? You have to confirm you'll actually hang out with us."

Felix looked to see the group of four smiling and waiting for his answer. Pausing for dramatic effect, he opened his mouth to speak. "Of course I'll hang out with you guys. My brother, my friend, my kind of friend, and Nino!" Felix said to the group. He and Nino didn't get along so well, but they were trying.

"I never thought I'd hear you call someone your friend," Adrien sighed, getting a strange look from Felix. "It's nice, and calming, just knowing that you're able to make friends and say the word without gagging."

Felix rolled his eyes and messed up Adrien's hair. "You smell like stinky cheese," Felix told his brother, then left the four friends and walked to his seat in the back of the room.

---

There was a knock on Marinette's window. She was, of course, confused as to what it could be. It was dark outside, and the bakery was closed- and her bedroom is far off the ground.

She opened the trap door and walked onto her balcony, only finding a boy covered in black leather and green eyes to have a wide smile. "A little bird told me you wanted to hear puns!"

"Oh no, I'm good," Marinette put her hands up in defense.

Chat raised an eyebrow and jumped down to stand in front of her. "I heard you'd rather listen to my puns than be friends with the Agreste boys."

"Right now I think I'd rather kill you, Adrien, and Felix all together," Marinette rolled her eyes, crossing her arms playfully.

Chat Noir laughed. "Adrien can be annoying. Felix isn't too bad, though," He shrugged. "But killing us all would be a catastrophe!"

Marinette walked away from him, which wasn't too far since the balcony is small. "That one is overused. If you're going to make me listen to your puns, make them good, at least. And let me call Felix to give him and Adrien a stern talking to!" She pulled out her phone and dialed Felix's number, secretly hoping Adrien wasn't there so she could yell at her friend without worrying.

"Marinette? What do you want?" He asked, sounding tired.

She swore at herself and realized it was late. "Crap, were you asleep?"

"It doesn't matter, what's up?" He asked. She could tell he was asleep, but got worried when she called without texting him first.

"Well, guess who's standing in front of me right now," She started at Chat Noir.

Felix sighed. "Please don't say-"

"Chat Noir!" She groaned. "So you did tell him about the pun thing," She chuckled.

Felix took a minute to respond. "I didn't think he'd see you late at night, so I give you full permission to kick his ass and make him leave."

"Maybe I'll humor him and listen for a few minutes," She looked to the cat, "But I thought you should know I blame you for this. Go back to sleep, Felix," Marinette didn't give Felix a chance to reply, but just hung up instead.

Chat covered his eyes with his hands. "He's going to kill me for doing this, he went back on what he said and told me not to. But, here I am."

Marinette took a deep breath. "You don't have to tell me puns. A while back you came here and told me you were worried about something. Did you want to talk about it?"

Adrien thought for a second. "It's actually been resolved, which is a good thing. But thank you, Marinette. It was a catastrophe, and I had a feline it was going to be much worse. But everything turned around, and now we're clawsome!" Chat Noir smirked to her.

Marinette rolled her eyes. "Okay, yeah, I regret this. Get out. It's late, Kitty, go home and get some sleep," Marinette pushed her cat towards the edge of the balcony. "I'll see you around."

"I'll have to tell you some more puns another time, then," He smiled and saluted her. "Au revoir!"

Felix had his arms crossed as he sat in Adrien's room waiting for his return. He could not thank Marinette enough to let him know that his brother went out when he said he was going to bed. Adrien needed sleep, and Felix was ready to lecture him again when he returned.

"Please, Fe, I don't want to be yelled at by you," Adrien said as he de-transformed right after landing.

Felix sighed, maybe he should give Adrien a break. "All right, but please get your sleep. I don't want you to feel like you have to lie to me, even if it's about Chat Noir. I'm here for you, you're my brother," Felix whispered as he walked to the door. "Plagg, I've got a load of cheese in my mini-fridge if you want it."

"You bet I do!" Plagg flew over. "I'll be back soon, kid," Plagg told Adrien, and followed Felix to the room down the hall.

Felix sighed. "Plagg, I have something that I need you to take one-hundred-percent serious. Can you do that?"

Plagg nodded, as if he knew what Felix was going to say. "You want to be Chat Noir."