5 - Birthday Akuma

You're horrible.

You're an ass.

I can't stand you.

WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME?

Why

Marinette snickered as she was receiving texts back from Felix. Months had passed since the Agreste boys joined a public school and Marinette was now great friends with Felix. Besides Adrien, Marinette was the only person he texted on a regular basis.

And right now, Marinette was annoying Felix more than anything. She knew this was a rough week for him, as it's the twins birthday the coming weekend. Felix had told Marinette he never did anything for his birthday and never expected to do anything. They never had parties or friends to celebrate with. So, she was trying to cheer him up, which meant annoying him.

She would tell him something, and he would reply sarcastically. Right now, she was teasing him about a crush he had when they lived in China. Felix had mentioned it once when trying to prove to Adrien they were just friends, and Marinette never dropped it.

I know you love me, Felix. Marinette laughed when she sent the text. It was, of course, a friendly gesture. She was walking to school, Felix was being driven. It's Friday, which means it is one day before their birthday. She walked with two boxes with bows on them, a present for each blonde haired Agreste.

Right now I don't know about that. Felix replied, a little laugh escaping his lips.

Adrien's head snapped over to Felix. "Did you just laugh?"

"No, I didn't," Felix replied, turning his head away from Adrien.

"No, Nathalie, did you hear a laugh?" Adrien perked up, getting excited.

Nathalie shrugged. "I might have heard a small laugh."

"Nathalie!" Felix scolded, and looked to his brother. "I didn't laugh."

"Who are you texting?" Adrien tried to grab the phone out of his hands. "You have to marry whoever just made you laugh."

"Adrien! Stop!" Felix yelled, keeping the phone out of his reach. But Felix had the phone turned ever-so-slightly so that Adrien could see the contact.

"It's Marinette!" Adrien cheered. "She's cool," He nodded. Felix was happy to say that, yes, Marinette had gotten better at talking to his brother. After the situation with gaming, things looked up. She still stuttered every so often, but she could actually form sentences around him.

Felix rolled his eyes. "Yeah, she's nice."

"And, she made you laugh!"

Felix put his hand over Adrien's mouth. "It's my birthday, too. So, for my present, kindly shut the hell up."

---

Marinette stumbled into the classroom ten minutes before the bell would ring. She, her clumsy self, tripped on the slippery floor. Luckily, she was caught by Adrien.

"Marinette, you've got to be careful," He chuckled. She thanked him, and scurried away. She may be more comfortable around him, but the thought of giving him, a guy who has everything, a gift scared the living daylights out of her.

She set her bag down and grabbed the gift wrapped in light blue paper. Then, she headed to the back of the classroom with a smile bright on her face. Felix was sitting with his head down, looking at his phone. "Happy birthday, Felix," Marinette caught his attention.

"You texted me that at twelve this morning," He smirked when he saw the short girl in front of him.

"Well," Marinette started, holding the box behind her back. "I thought I should say it again when giving you your present instead of just throwing the box at you," She swiftly moved and held the rectangle box in front of her.