30 - Press Conference

It was strange, and no one really knew how to feel about it. After that strong Akuma, there had not been an Akuma for a week. Ladybug and Chat Noir patrolled nightly, but there was a significant lack of people getting akumatized. There was always someone angry, and they were happy there were fewer attacks, but it was worrying.

Felix paced around as Bridgette watched him from his bed. "Are you sure you're okay, Felix? You look drained, and you can't seem to foc-"

"I'm fine," Felix declared. "There's just a lot in my mind right now."

Bridgette patted the spot on the bed next to her. "Want to tell me? I'm an excellent listener."

Felix shrugged and decided to talk to her. She was just as stubborn as Marinette, and if he went against her words, she would practically force him to talk. He knows, it's happened before.

"I'm worried. For Marinette. For Adrien. They Akuma's have been getting less frequent, which is good, but it is much more powerful. And I can't wrap my head around why but I know it's not good," Felix started.

Bridgette nodded. "I'm worried too. She'll come home from patrolling and either fall right asleep from being so tired, or she'll freak out."

"I know how it feels," He sighed. Felix had to admit; he enjoyed Bridgette's presence. He had to, they sit next to each other a lot during the day, and his best friend is her cousin. But he also liked her; her personality was the complete opposite of his. She was optimistic, cheery, and always very happy. Much like Marinette, but he had never seen Bridgette get upset.

They both sighed and fell back against the bed, looking up at his ceiling. "I'll see them on TV, you know, and I can't comprehend the thought that that's my brother and best friend, fighting for Paris, risking their lives. I worry for them, because the reason I revealed myself as the stand in Chat Noir to Marinette was, she almost got herself killed," Felix said, not even realizing he admitted to his summer hobby.

A big smile grew on Bridgette's face. "I knew it. I knew you were Chat Noir when Adrien was gone."

Felix put his hands over his eyes and groaned. "I didn't mean to admit to that."

Bridgette shrugged. "I saw the way you fight. Much like I taught someone, and after I had figured out it was Adrien and knew he was gone all summer, it wasn't hard."

"We'll have to spar sometime, see if you're as good as I remember," He chuckled.

"Felix?" There was a knock at the door then Nathalie invited herself in. "We have to- oh, you have a girl over."

Felix sat up slowly. "We were working on a project for school. What do we have to do?" He asked his father's assistant.

Nathalie took a deep breath. "Your father is having a press conference, you and Adrien will be attending."

"How long should it take?" Felix asked.

"An hour at most."

Felix looked to Bridgette. "Would you like to come with me? Then we can come back and finish the-"

"Felix, is that a good idea?" Nathalie interrupted.

Felix rolled his eyes. "It's not like she's a toddler that can't control herself. She's older than I am!" Felix said. "So, Bridgette?"

"I'd love to go!" She replied, and stood up quickly.

Nathalie sighed. "All right. But even the slightest-"

"I'll keep an eye on her," Felix held his hand up. "I'll go get Adrien; we'll meet you at the car."

Nathalie nodded and walked the opposite way. "So, you haven't met my father before," Felix started. "He's definitely not like Tom. The complete opposite, actually. He's very proper and kind of a stick in the mud," Felix told her.