Chapter 15

Hello! I hope y'all haven't forgotten me! I'm sooo sorry for the late update. Been a bit busy, but now I'm back. 

~Louis P.O.V ~

Jail is pretty freaky.

I arrived here about three days ago. My cellmate was a psychotic murder, with big muscles and twice my height. It was the scariest night of my life. He stared at me in the eeriest manner, when I entered the cell. The first thing he told me was if I'd like to be strangled to death or stabbed. That night I sat next to the door with tears streaming down my eyes and quietly praying.

Turns out, he isn't that crazy since he is on anti-psychotics. But I still am on full alert in case he doesn't swallow his pills.

The jail is quite lively in the morning with inmates chatting and some fighting. People doing their chores and screaming at the top of their voice. My job is to clean the shower area, which I'm not terrible at since dad made me clean the whole house after coming out as an omega. 12 years later and I'm down the same lane, just this time cleaning a completely different place. It's still the same reason, punishment.

I don't feel I deserve this. All this pain, all this punishment. But people don't always get what they deserve, they get what they get. I don't want to be alone, I don't want to be miserable. But I don't want to wallow in self-pity either.

At night, the jail turns into a haunted house. No proper lighting and eerie silence and I hate it.

I'm forced to confront my thoughts, I hate my thoughts. It's like hell on earth.  

On the first night, I had to bite my hand to stop sobbing too loudly. 

When did I get like this? So insecure and miserable? I don't want to be like this,  I mean who would want to? And the saddest part of all this is people think I like being miserable, that I enjoy being this miserable, cold jerk who lives off sarcasm and coffee. They confuse me for him. They don't see that he's just a mask.

And honestly, I'm scared. I'm scared to make real human connections with anyone, too afraid they'll hurt me. I'm scared of this self-destructive life I've made. This mask causes me more pain than anything but I'm too scared to remove it. But I can't just give up on myself now that I've come so far. What is left?  

But sometimes I wish I could just mute everything, just a moment of silence with my thoughts stepping in, just quiet. 

It's currently 5:27 am and I can't sleep. So I do the next best thing, stare out the window. It's a full moon and the stars are shining pretty bright. Using the dark background as an advantage. It lights some parts of the cell. The more I stare into space the brighter they seem to shine, And suddenly, I don't feel sad anymore. Kind of inspired to break out of my shell, coming clean ( or maybe not).  It's like the universe was trying to make me realise how much I can make out of my life, so many things I can do if I want. 

It's kind of fucked up that I'd be inspired to change my life by looking at the stars in a jail at 5:27 am, but hey, whatever works, I guess. 

I spend the next hour laughing at literally nothing because for the first fucking time I realised I can literally turn my life around and I've never been this happy since forever.  

At about 6:30 the bells ring signalling for everyone to wake up. It was pretty much the same routine every day for everyone. Wake up, assemble in the cafeteria to get food, which was basically never seen before mush. Then we had duties to attend. Mine happen to be the shower duty. Since all the sinks and toilets are in the cells themselves, the shower clean up isn't really much. And it's kind of pointless because cellmates take their baths immediately after the duties. Then we have kind of free time. Cellmates take calls and visits from family, chat/exercise In the outdoor ground or chill in their cells.  It could have been just like a club but with a long list of restrictions, armed men and caged windows. 

Just as I was about to head outside, an officer comes up to me. I'm being bailed out. Finally!

I pack up all my stuff which is pretty less and change into nicer clothes, removing the orange jumpsuit. I reach the main the office and an official takes me out the gates. I see a figure with a black hoodie and sweatpants and a pair of sunglasses hiding their face. I come closer to him when he removes his sunglasses and hugs me really hard. Okay, that is definitely not someone from the management. When he finally pulls away, I see their face. That is a huge fucking surprise.

Niall.

Niall fucking Horan, the innocent little omega managed to rescue me. Out of all the people I expected to meet, he was not one of them.

"Aye Louie, you idiot! Why didn't you tell me?"

"How did you know I was here? And where the fuck are your alphas? Why aren't they currently lecturing me? What about management? What the actual fuck is happening."

"Okay, calm down laddie. See, after you "club fight", I couldn't really believe the story the management gave us. Me alphas didn't anything to do with you, them idiots. So I did some digging, mostly on Tumblr where I found some pretty dark things, I shit you not. Then I found this video that of you getting hit my a bus and oh my god, I nearly got a heart attack. Then after further digging, I found out you left the hospital early and went to your house searching. When I didn't find you I asked the neighbours and they said some policemen took and then I reached here."

"Oh my god Niall, you did all this alone. You seriously are the most  incredible omega on earth." 

"About that. I found suppressants at your house while looking for more clues. And I found a bunch of prescriptions which date back to twelve years ago, all in your name. So I put two and two together came to my conclusion."

OH SHIT, OH FUCKING SHIT. HE KNOWS HE KNOWS EVERYONE KNOWS I'M SCREWED. MY LIFE IS SCREWED WHAT THE FUCK AM GOING T--

"Hey, hey calm down boo, It's ok. I didn't tell anybody. Calm down breathe. I'm not telling anybody anything you don't want them to know." 

Then Niall hugged me and just kind of broke down. Began sobbing the ugly snotty kind. My whole body shaking because finally, someone knows

He just holds be like that for a few moments quietly whispering, "Just let it all out. You're fine now, you're safe now. You've come home, you'll be fine. Don't worry, I'm here for you. I love you very much baby, you're safe."

For the first time, I find comfort in someone else.

Finally, something happening in boo's life. Yay! Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter. I'm soo sorry for such a late update. I had a major writer's block.  But now I'm back. Also, it's currently 3:45 am here and I'm sleep deprived so sorry for any grammatical errors.

QOTC:  Binge watched any shows?                                                                                                                                AOTC: House, M.D                                                                                                                                                                   

Any of you watch House, M.D? I'm obsessed with it even though I finished the series.   

Vote~Comment~Follow

Love~Laugh~Live