chapter 25

Third person P.O.V

The night at Louis' house was very eventful. Niall cuddled Louis throughout the night, while Harry packed Louis' bag. By packing, he meant basically dumping all the clothes, Louis hadn't worn since forever.  Colorful pants and Khakis with striped shirts and suspenders.  He missed Louis wearing them. He also added some skinny jeans and graphic shirts to cover the top of the pile so Louis wouldn't suspect it.  His suitcase was overflowing by the time Harry was done, having him to sit on the suitcase to shut it. 

"Jeez Harry, are you planning to ship off to some other continent. Why will I need so many damn clothes? It's like two and a half weeks, right."

"Ya never know what might happen, Louis."

"Ironic"

And it honestly takes Harry a minute to understand, by that time Louis' already moved on to removing the unwanted clothes from his suitcase. 

"Harry! You've filled my suitcase with my old clothes. I don't wear these anymore!" But Louis' not angry, not really. This is nothing compared what they have done in the past.

"Please, lou! You'll look good in them!"
"Harry, you haven't seen me in these since like 2012. And I doubt I'll even fit in these."

"Lou, you haven't grown a centimeter vertically or horizontally. These will fit you just fine. How about this? You take five pairs of these and five of your choice. Fair deal?"

Louis just nodded his head with a small smile graced on his face.  He didn't actually care what he wore as long as management didn't have a problem. And they had invaded his privacy enough to know what he had in his closet.

Harry wraps his arm around Louis'neck and they both head to one of the master bedrooms.  Niall munching on some chips he found and surfing through Netflix.  Louis really wants to Black Mirror but he's not sure they'll like it so he stays quiet. 

Eventually, they end up on Youtube, discussing whether Liza is better than iisuperwomanii or was it really a good decision for Anthony to leave smosh. It's a casual conservation, no hidden meaning, everyone's pretty chill and Louis could talk like this for hours. But he just can't let himself fall like that, let go of all his defenses and let them in. It was hard for him to pick himself up and he's not sure he'll be able to pick himself up again.

They end up watching some anime called Ghost Stories and the english dub is hilarious. The night is spent giggling and throwing chips at each other. It's the most joy Louis' experienced in a long time.

He excuses himself in middle of episode 8, taking a minute to collect himself and shifting his position from between Harry and Niall to the extreme left of the bed. He's keeping his distance this time.

It's 1 am by the time everyone's asleep.  Niall curled around Louis while Harry awkwardly manages to sprawl himself out in a position where his arm is also wrapped around Louis. They're a tangled mess iit's quite cozy. While Liam and Zayn also happen to be cuddling, two packed suitcases standing by the door.

The morning is a bit of a mess. Usually, Louis would be up by sunrise, management always had a task for him. Heading to his bathroom, he realized his lack of razors having thrown them out two nights ago. He's just gonna have to do with his light stubble. Quickly bathing, Louis heads to the kitchen. His pills.

The world still thinks he's a beta and management probably doesn't want him to come out right now. But the pack knows the truth and he isn't sure if he needs to take the pills. Holding his pills, he doesn't realize the figure sneak up behind him until it's whispering in his ear.

"whatchu doin' little louis?"

"Jeez, Harry, dude. You scared me."

At that Harry giggles, a 5'11 giant with broad shoulders and deep voice giggling has to be the funniest thing Louis had seen. 

"But seriously, what are you doing so early? and what's that in your hand?" Harry takes a deep breath before talking again, "and why do you smell so fresh?"

"I get up early Styles and I took a bath for your information, something which I doubt you take."
"Excuse me?"

"Excused"
"Sassy."

Louis walks towards one of the counters deeper into the kitchen, "You know it."

And it feels like its 2010 again. Just Harry and Louis, no status, no omegas or alphas. Just two best friends who made it lucky. Just pure and raw friendship. Friendly banter carries on till Niall wakes up, hungry and grumpy.

By the time they reach the airport, Liam and Zayn and taking pictures with fans. The minute the fans seem the other three, a bunch of ear piercing screams are heard around the arrival gate. Almost as though someone was going to get murdered. 

Luckily, Louis spotted of his acquaintances/friends who worked in the security team. He lead them through a shortcut, avoiding anyone who wasn't part of the airport staff. Within a few minutes, they were on their private plane. Louis had traveled on this about a million times, mostly alone. 

Sitting in his usual seat, Louis rested his head against the window pane. He listened to the pack's general chatter, sometimes answering questions directed at him. The answers were short and choppy as they would be if the pack wasn't aware louis was an omega. It was obvious Louis didn't really want to talk, preferring to listen. like he usually did.

He opened one of the books he carried on hand luggage, The Summer I Turned Pretty.  Half-way through the book, Louis realizes everything's a bit too quiet. Everybody's asleep and they all look so cute, he takes a picture.

Putting his ears phone, Louis begins humming. So lost looking outside the window, he doesn't even notice Liam waking up and recording Louis singing. 

Louis gets a jump scare when he sees Liam recording him, his phone in Louis' face. 

"Nice Louis, what were you singing?"

"Hold me down by Halsey."

"Oo, kinky."

"shut up."

Soon that turns into a mini wrestling fight, just like ones they have on stage. And it seems so unreal, Louis just waits to wake up and realize it's all a dream. Eventually, they all wake up one by one. And in the last one hour of the flight, an intense game of uno takes place. 

Harry and Niall watching Zayn as he swears he's sure Louis' cheating since he's kicking their asses. 

"Well, Zayn, It isn't my fault I can play my cards well."

"You don't talk, I swear I saw you sneak some plus 4 cards from the deck."

"If you can't prove it then it never happened."

And they have landed in Malibu. Sunny weather, fresh air and soft humming of birds, it seems so dreamy. 

Louis swears he's in a Lana Del Ray music video.

well, hello, hello, hello. Hope you enjoyed this chapter! I might not be updating for some time since I'm traveling starting on Saturday, but I'll try my best to have another chapter published.

Also, this is not edited and I have downloaded this app called Grammarly, so please ignore any errors which skipped this app.

All feedback is appreciated!!

Vote~comment~follow