chapter 31

Third Person P.O.V

Sighing softly, Niall stroked Louis' hair. The other alphas took it as their cue to leave.

Eventually, Louis got up from Niall's lap and straight to the toilet. Standing in front of the mirror, he could see his face had sunken in and the hoodie he wore, drowned him.  Slowly, Louis lifted his hoodie and removed it.  

His ribs stood out, his usually tanned skin was now an abnormal pale color. Skin littered in scars, some red from irritation and some fading. On his hip bone, two large and deep scars stood out. It used to be his favorite area to cut, easy to hide and the most painful, the best way to punish himself for being worthless. But he lost feeling, the whole area went numb eventually, probably from too much nerve damage. 

He softly traced his ribs, wincing, as pain shot through his body. Each scar had a bad memory of its own, whether it was the boys ignoring him or the interviewer calling him a manwhore, every word hurt more than any of the scars on his body could. His muscles were tense with frustration and tears were brimming his eyes. Louis just wanted to sit down on the floor and sob till the earth swallowed him whole. 

He hadn't had a heat in the last ten years, his first one being his last one. And for the past two years, he couldn't remember if he had had any nutritious or healthy meal without puking it out, or a day without nearly overdosing on drugs. He smoked every day, going through packets faster than an F1 car. The godforsaken little white pills weren't any better, he couldn't even taste properly anymore, only being to taste something extremely bitter or spicy. His sense of smell had gone to hell a long time ago and sometimes he'd lose sensation in his body parts and have them numb for days.  In all honesty, Louis felt an eerie sense of fear creeping up from his stomach to his chest, making it harder to breathe. 

The last time he was this scared was when his 'father' looked in his eyes and then went on to destroy his life.

"No son of mine will be a fucking omega! Stepson or not, if you have my last name, you're not going to be a fucking male omega! Never, no, you little piece shit! you disgrace, I swear only the law is stopping me from breaking your skull."  Mark's hand remained on Louis' neck, holding it tightly and forcing the small and fragile omega to look up. He had never seen so much hatred and anger in a person's eyes, Louis almost wet his pants. 

"Do you hear me Omega!?" Tears escaped Louis' eyes, no matter how hard he tried to hold them in. 

"Fuckin- goddammit. Omegas never learn, huh?" He pushed the smaller boy against his wall, causing him to crumble down, that was the first time someone had caused him to breakdown like that. That was the first time he actually had a breakdown. That was the first time someone had pushed him so hard. That was the first time someone had hurt, it sure wasn't the last time. 

The next morning suppressants and a scent neutralizer were thrown at his face with a wordless glare on Mark's face.

"Louis? Louis! You okay in there, honey?" Niall's soft from the other side of the door brought him outside his own head. The salty taste in his mouth had brought the tears streaming down his face to his attention. Quickly wiping them, he replied back, "Yeah, I'm fine Niall. Just freshening up a bit." Thankfully his voice didn't crack, years of lying and pretending had paid off.  

He took a quick shower before stepping out in some extra clothes he found in the laundry basket. Some mustard sweats and a huge white hoodie which defiantly wasn't his.  Stepping out, he realized no one was in the room. He sat down on the bed, letting the warm covers engulf him as his mind raced with thoughts. What if he was broken beyond repair? What if the alphas didn't want a broken omega like him? Where would he go then? What would he do? He could never guess the answers to these questions, all he could do was wait.