Chapter 27

Third person P.O.V
The afternoon ends with a game of uno which Liam swears he was falsely accused of cheating by Zayn, causing him to be disqualified.
Nevertheless, it's the most fun Louis has had in a long time. He isn't required to talk, to make sarcastic comments, to act like a beta. For the first time, he can hug the pillow on the sofa and listen to the pack's talks.  It turns out they are quite funny when they aren't being mean.
The comfort in the room lasts until it is disrupted by Liam's ringtone. He picks up his phone while Harry and Zayn continue play fighting and Niall watches in amusement. Louis' attention remains on Liam.
"Uh, Hello? Yes, this is Liam... oh, yes, hello... Louis? Yes, he's here, uh... oh ok."
At mention of Louis's name, the call has caught everyone's attention, all of them watch Liam hand the phone over to Louis.

"Uh hello?"
"Louis, this is John speaking."
Louis sits up straight before continuing, "umm, hello John? What's up?"
"Ok, now, straight to business. I'm not on speaker right?"
"No-"
"The rumours are getting worse. The fans really doubt the relationship between the pack and the 'beta'. There's a club near the mansion, the paps will be there by 8:30-9:00. You need to tell the pack to be ready."
"But-"
And before Louis can even say anything, they cut the line, not letting him say anything as usual.
Sighing softly, he gives the phone back to Liam. The distress on his face is obvious as Niall softly rubs the other omega's arm.
"What happened?"
"They want us at a club by 9 pm, pap pictures." Louis tries to explain but they look more confused.
With a sigh, he starts again, "see, we aren't seen together anymore except concerts and award shows and some interviews. The fans seem to think there's a dent in the relationship between the pack and the beta therefore this whole trip. The management hired paps to picture us and release them, and clear the image. Make sure there's no hatred within the band, it's also for good publicity, to be seen together, you know."

No one could deny, it was the truth. They weren't as close as they used to be. Back when the band had just started, sure they knew their second genders, but they still were babies, none of them had even thought about mating and packs. The alphas weren't so dominating yet, one omega wasn't given so much love and care from them back then and the other omega had just begun stuffing the pills. The effects of the pills hadn't kicked in. Louis was still himself back then.
Everyone was just too giddy and happy to care really. They all were trying to last longer in the competition, in the business, but once fame hit them, they all got busy with their personal lives. 
The pack formed itself while the 'beta' dealt with the first few symptoms. Louis remembers his first symptom, it was a migraine. A stabbing pain in the center of his brain appearing right after a live-show, making it impossible to function properly. They were a warning sign, the calm before the storm, warning just how worse the bi-effects were going to get.
Right now, Louis was getting a migraine, as the guilty silence dragged on, the discomfort was visible. Louis buried his head in Niall's neck, eyes shut trying to tune out the world and numb the migraine. Niall's grip on him tighten, rubbing his back as if he knew Louis had a migraine. Omegas could feel each other's distress, especially when they were physically so close. The silence managed to soothe Louis enough to a slumber, slowly dragging Niall too. Both fell asleep like that. The alphas just laid a blanket over them and left the room for a private conversation.

"When the last time we hung out with Louis?"
"Dunno, don't remember Haz."
"No forget that, when was last time we talked to Louis like a casual conversation when he was still pretending to be a beta. Before we knew."
"Back in 2011-2012, Lima."
"Even I'd think there was a problem within the band if I was fan. Don't blame them."
"Did you see how quiet he was today? I'd grown so used to him being loud and sarcastic. To be honest Liam and Harry, never thought I'd say this but I kinda miss obnoxious Lou."
"We have to be the biggest hypocrites on Earth, every single time he was loud, we told to shut up, or physically hit him as if emotional abuse wasn't enough. What's worse is we called him omegaphobic. Can you believe it? Can you? Everyone fan out there who thinks of us as good alphas are fucking blind."
"We need to take him to the doctor, god knows what effects the pills have had on his body."
All the boys sat in silence after that. The only which provoked them was when giggle ran through the house. Followed by a "not funny". The alphas made there way to living room where they had last seen the omegas. Louis laid on the floor giggling softly and Niall looked at Louis as though he had lost his mind all the while trying to conceal a smile.
"What are you silly boys doing?"
Within giggles Louis chocked out a response, "I fell from the sofa and Niall's face was hilarious."
At that Harry rushed to Louis, picking him up. "Are you hurt?"
"Jeez, I'm fine. Plus I fell on the carpet, no biggie."
Harry pulled Louis to his feet and checked once for any bruises. Huffing, Louis pulled away and made his way to his room.
"It's 7:56, if you wanna make it on time you should get ready." Louis shouted from his bedroom. Niall followed him to his room, earlier on he decided he would stay with the other omega.
The alphas changed into their clothes while Louis came out in a white tank top and black skinny jeans, a simple costume. Niall wore similar clothes except it was a white graphic tee-shirt with skinny jeans and a jacket since it was a bit chilly. Louis had to wear Zayn's green Adidas hoodie since Harry very conveniently forgot to pack them. 
It took them half an hour to finally leave the house.
Louis was the only one who knew where the club was, management had forced Louis there a million times, normally with a beard or alone. Louis uploaded a picture on instagram of his shoes, without any caption as a warning picture of the paps pictures coming in the fandom's way. He liked to prepare them, good or bad.
In about half an hour, they were greeted by camera flashes and cameras recording them, blocked their way as they tried to make it past the bouncer. Harry griped Louis's hand similar to Liam's grip on Niall. They eventually manage to enter the club, sweating bodies and drinks everywhere.
It was one of the biggest local clubs, with huge dance floors and litres of alcohols. It was also one of the costliest not that it mattered to them.
Somewhere along the way, between the loud music, the prominent smell of alcohol and groups of people the pack gets separated.
Louis found himself alone, separated from the lads. He could see the back door, slowly he making his way, it was an isolated little area where he could breath in peace.
It opened up to a alley which Louis always wanted to explore each time he had ever been to the club. But the alley has always been those kinds which your mother warns you of, lurking shadows and dangerous people hiding in the corners waiting till the coast is clear.
Louis had been to this kind of an alley before, he remembers it as clear as day. He was fifteen, his father took him to buy suppressants. His father had never really done anything with Louis (except start them and influence the management to make Louis keep taking them) his father's pride mattered to his family more than Louis's health and comfort. The only reason his father ever gave him as to why he took Louis was to 'roughen him up'. It was petrifying to say the least.
His Father had left him near a lamp post and disappeared further in the alley.
He remembers as clear as day, a man came up from behind. His grubby hands pinned Louis to the wall, alcohol stank off him. Louis felt his heart come out of his chest. He begged and begged to be let go but the man paid him no heed. Fingers pressed along his neck, creating bruises and his knee rubbed against Louis' thighs.  His Father eventually came along, high-fiving the man and handing him 20 bucks. Since then Louis didn't trust dark places (or his Father) and the scene kept repeating itself in the form of nightmares until X-factor.

He lit up a cigarette, trying not to think about the incident again.
"Smoking's not good for you."
Louis nearly jumped out of his skin, before realising it was Harry.
"Jeez, you're gonna kill me of a heart attack someday."
"Awweee, you scared?"
"Shut up." He dragged another smoke of his cigarette, blowing it on Harry's face.
"Huhm, disgusting. How you smoke that fag is beyond my comprehension and it's not very good for omegas."
"When have I ever done things good for my omega body?"
Harry just hugs Louis not knowing what to say. He's not sure if Louis was trying to guilt trip him, but he feels guilty as hell. They stay like that for a while. The heat in the club eventually becomes unbearable.
The music fades behind them as they make their way outside, to the beginning of the alley.
Louis stands against the wall while Harry stands in front of him. It's cold outside and his cheeks are going pink.
"You cold?"
"Yes." Louis didn't know what expected Harry to do but he sure didn't expect him to wrap his arms around Louis. They both face each, closer than ever.
Blue eyes stare into green eyes. Louis doesn't know who began moving first but he does know now that Harry's lips are softer than he imagined. His are probably chapped but it feels like feathers.
The kiss is soft, no fireworks or anything weird like that, it's just soft and comfortable. It's blissful and happy. And Louis could stay like that forever.
Eventually a bright flash breaks them apart.

~~1777 words~~ *does a happy dance*

This has to be the longest chapter written till now. Hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading.
Comment~vote~follow