Chapter 24

third person p.o.v

They couldn't really do anything except hope by some miracle, Louis would call them or come back. 

It was their fault, after all, everything had consequences and they had been so foolish to think the consequences wouldn't be valid for them. Nearly every day they had a chance to talk to Louis, ask him about his life and how everything was but they couldn't be bothered. Now all they cared about was Louis but he seemed to have dropped off the surface of Earth. Karma really was a bitch, but then again they deserved it.

Louis, meanwhile, wandering the streets, clueless. 

He didn't really know what to think of all this. First, he was numb, unable to react then he was happy because everything just might have been fine for once. But then common sense kicked him in the head and he felt angry and disappointed at everything. It seemed the boys only loved him because of his actual identity, but he was still the same person. Why couldn't they love him for that?

The truth didn't solve his problem, it just set him free from the 'what-ifs '.  And maybe that was a sign, he had no-one except himself. 

Management was another problem, this was only the calm before the storm. If he just went now, he could get it over with. Just as he opened his GPS, his phone rang. It was the unknown number again and maybe giving them a little warning about his situation would soften the blow.

" 'ello"
"Tomlinson, I swear, you better have a will ready because I'm going to kill you. Where in hell are you?"

"Where are you?"

"How is that even relevant, gosh you're weird. But I'm your house because you were supposed to meet me at the HQ about half an hour ago! Stupid ass."

The comments didn't bother Louis at all, he was turning a deaf ear to them. But that didn't mean Louis didn't believe them. He was weird, a 'stupid ass', he was much worse. 

"Umm, I need to tell you something important."

"Whatever it is, as long as you've not been kidnapped and are being held at gunpoint by some international criminal, I don't care. but if that is the case, then I'm calling the press."

"It's more important than that, it's about the rest of the boys-"

"Yes about that. The fans think the boys hate you, which they probably do, so I need you guys to chill more together."

"Wait, what? What does 'chill together' supposed to mean?"

"Gosh, you really are a loner, just meet me at the HQ, in five. No buts."

The storm was much worse than what he expected.

A few kilometers away, Harry received a call from an unknown number. 

"Hello Harry, this is John from management. We need you and your mates to come to HQ immediately it's important. "

"Hey John, can we not come? it's like 8:00 in the morning, and we have umm something important and it's about-"

"Louis will be there in hopefully five minutes. Better not cancel now Styles."

"What? Louis will be there? How do you know this? Where is he? When did you talk to hi-"

"Styles, calm down, get the rest and yourself here and then we'll talk."

Even though the call wasn't on speaker, everyone in the room was wide awake at the fact some news about the missing member was found. Niall who was nearly asleep on Liam's lap was now standing and staring wide-eyed at Harry.

"guys, management found Louis. Get dressed, we need to be there in five."

With that everyone rushed into their shared bedroom, grabbing the first decent piece of cloth they could find (which happened to be sweats and hoodie) and put it on. 

Harry and Niall had their sizes mixed up, while Niall drowned in his hoodie, Harry barely fit in it. 

All of them climbed into their car, nearly to forgetting to lock the main door. HQ was approximately about twenty minutes away but they managed to make it there in 10 minutes nearly killing a drunk person crossing the road. 

Rushing in through the front door, the receptionist pointed the room they were supposed to go to. Louis had comfortably adjusted himself on one of the large sofa chairs. The chair swallowed him up and his head rested again the soft velvet. A man who probably was John sat opposite to him, hands resting on the table with a piece of paper on the table. 

"Ahh, there they are. C'mon lads, take a seat."

Louis turned his head a bit at an angle so he could see the boys. Smiling lazily at them, he waved at them. 

 Niall reached to hug louis but stopped midway before realizing Louis was not gonna hug back. Louis seemed grateful at Niall's change of plans because explaining John why they didn't hate him all of a sudden. He wasn't gonna confess now, John was already pissed. His wife had left him recently and Louis didn't want to fall victim of his bitterness.

"Hello lads, the fans seem to think the beta of the band and pack don't get along. They feel we've drifted apart and probably hate each other. So John over here thinks that we should take a vacation together. Whatcha think?"

The emphasize on 'beta' clearly conveyed his message to the Alphas and the other omega didn't speak, getting a bit confused.  Louis' eye looked at them in pure desperation as his mouth curled up, hoping that they would give a reaction of disgust, the usual reaction they had whenever they had to do anything with Louis. Maybe then John would reconsider the decision, Louis' opinion was usually ignored and thrown into the trash. But the management was always more considerate to the pack's request, after all, they were the main attraction. 

The document stated their plans and agreements on what they had to during this two-week 'vacation'. Unpredictable things just kept happening and by now Louis had stopped trying to guess what was coming.

While they all read through the contract and the whole schedule, Louis kept making sarcastic and funny remarks. Louis had to keep up his act to make John believe that the pack didn't know about his true status. The boys tried to ignore Louis as that was what they usually did.

 Louis was an amazing actor, there was no denying that, he actually looked happy and completely normal. As though he wasn't hiding anything from anyone or living a lie.

Everyone went separate ways after that. Liam and Zayn went home while Harry, Louis, and Niall went to Louis' house to pack up. Niall wanted to be with Louis and Harry just needed a reason to be near Louis. 

Louis didn't mind, maybe some cuddles would do him good.

hey everybody! It's 2:25 am right now and this is not edited! sorry! anyways, i entered this story for wattys. I'll probably not win but hey, at least it's fun. Thanks so much for reading, really appreciate it!

Hope you enjoyed!

comment~vote~follow