Chapter 20

Third person p.o.v

Sleep was something Louis needed, he was physically exhausted too. And with a warm body next to him, who was he to deny the darkness.

However, the body next to him didn't share the same sentiments. He was too bothered to sleep, lost in his thoughts. The body next to him was so small, a bit too small. Harry could feel Louis' ribs,  how long had this been going on?  And even though the boy looked peaceful, his eyes had sunken in and his face had lost all colour.  He didn't even look like the Louis (he thought he knew) anymore. 

Thinking about it, there were a million signs. Harry and the rest had been so ignorant. And if Niall hadn't told them about it, how long would Louis keep going before coming out.  If Niall hadn't looked so damn serious while telling them, Harry wouldn't have even bothered to catch the broken eyes. All Harry wanted right now was for Louis to heal and a truck to run over him and the other alphas. 

They were supposed to protect everyone in the pack, omega or not. If Harry looked back at the times, they mistreated Louis, he was sure they all would fall under abuse. But beta abuse is often ignored since betas are still able to protect themselves to an extent but even they need protection. If Louis wasn't a secret omega, Louis would have to suffer through hell. He'd just be an abused beta, without any secrets which could save him. He'd have no hope of escape then. 

And Harry wanted to rip his hair out, cause it wasn't fair. He'd become someone he promised he'd never be. 

He needed to call the boys, maybe Liam first. He quietly slides from under the covers, grabbing his phone from his back pocket and heading outside to call him. 

The phone rang for a few moments before a groggy Liam picked up. He could hear Niall's loud snores probably while cuddling Zayn. 

"Hello?"

"Liam! You guys have to come here now. Niall was right-"

"Woah, Harry calm down. Come home honey."

"Liam! This is serious! Call a cab and come to Louis' house!"

"Harry, you're drunk. Come home."

"Liammmm, I'm not drunk! Why don't you do as I say? goddammit!" 

This was an extremely critical issue which had to be discussed and Liam wasn't co-operating. 

He heard a sigh from the other side before a tired Liam whispers a response. 

"I'm gonna pick you up from Louis' house, you better be near." 

Harry wanted to slam his phone against the concrete because no one was taking his concern seriously. And Harry loved these boys, it pained him to imagine what Louis might have felt when they would team up against him. 

Harry headed inside, hopefully, Louis would still be asleep and when Liam came. They could discuss this in peace. 

But when Harry entered the room, he heard a defeated sigh. The boy on the bed had now sat up straight while looking out the window. The moonlight illuminated his tears.

"lou?"

Startled Louis turned to look at him before blinking a few times.  Harry rushed in to hug him.

"aww, my baby. Don't cry, sweetie. What's wrong." Harry gently rubbed Louis' back as Louis sniffled in the crook of Harry 's neck. 

"I thought... that you left or that it was all a dream. I just felt so sad..."  Louis whispered out in a soft whisper, it was clear that Louis' mind was in a muddle of emotion. Too confused and shocked to think properly. But Louis couldn't be blamed, one second, he was a rebellious and wild beta and the other, everyone knew he was a damaged little omega.

louis was incredibly strong to withstand all this. And Harry respected him so much now.

When Liam entered the house, he noticed the front door was open. Hopefully, Harry had been the only one who entered and was sleeping on the sofa or the floor. He was sure Harry had gotten drunk as hell or even high. But when he heard whispers coming from the master bedroom, he hoped Harry was having a chat with Louis. 

But when he entered, the scene in front of him was not unusual. Louis had his face buried in Harry's neck while sitting on his lap and Harry rubbed his back while whispering something. 

Harry noticed Liam with his jaw hanging, standing in the doorway. He signed him to keep quiet before gently placing Louis on the bed and climbing off. He gave Louis a soft kiss on the forehead and headed towards Liam. He grabbed Liam by his arm, dragging him out of the house. Hopefully, Louis won't wake up again.

"What the actually fuck?"

"Calm down Lima"

"What do you mean calm down? What was that Harry? I thought you hated... him?!"

Harry cringed at Liam's choice of words. He didn't hate Louis, he loved him very much. But never made a move because betas and alphas didn't work out. And Louis was not just a 'him' even though they treated him like that.

"Liam, Niall was right. He is an omega. We have done soo much damage Liam, we are such shitty alphas. We broke him soo much Liam, we-"

"Harry, what the fuck? How high are you?"

That was it, Harry lost it, how fucking dare he? Why couldn't he just take Harry's word? HE HAD EVIDENCE!

Just when Harry was about to shout profanities at Liam which would wake half the city up a small voice spoke up.

"guys?"

There stood Louis, looking extremely soft and small.

guys, i wrote this chapter in a rush because we have exams and I haven't studied for shit. Also, I might change my username, so watch out y'all. 

this was more of a filler and as usual not edited. so sorry </3

vote~follow~comment

all the love xx