chapter 33

Third person p.o.v

The phone rang a few times before Zayn reached forward to answer it. 

He bought the phone up to his ears as he swiftly walked out the door, not wanting to have this conversation in front of the other boys. Liam scooted closer than where he was previously situated next to louis. He ran his hands over Louis' soft hair. It hadn't been washed in a few days but Liam didn't care.  He just wanted to hold Louis close.

"Must be Murphy's law." Louis whispered softly, breaking the silence.

"What boo?"  

Louis raised his head a bit, his sad blue eyes looking around the room as he repeated his statement.  

"Murphy's law states that everything that can go wrong will go wrong. Fits, doesn't it?" 

No one spoke after that, it was just quiet. It isn't comforting at all, but it isn't awkward or tense. It was almost like everyone was trying to exist within their own minds. Trying to accept all of this.
Harry moved closer to Louis as Niall adjusted himself between Louis' legs, laying down on him. Everyone was touching some part of Louis, hoping physical contact would solve everything or at least ease the pain.  They could hear footsteps charging up and down the hall and aggressive arguing. The door wasn't fully closed, a small crack enabled them to see Zayn being confronted by a nurse to 'stop shouting, it's a hospital' and left without further argument, phone still wedged between his shoulder and ear as his hands held a bunch of papers. 

"I need some fresh air, can you lads excuse me for a moment?"  Louis asked from underneath them, small hands pushing himself up.

"What? Boo, you need to rest. We can open the window for you if you want?" 

"Lima, I think I really just need a walk plus I've been napping for the whole day. I need to make sure my legs still work." Louis smiled slightly as Liam, as untangled himself from Niall. Niall looked at him with big eyes, slightly sad to let go. Harry didn't say a word, only grabbed Louis' arm to lift him up.  Louis stumbled slightly, feet landing on the cold floor before slipping on some fluffy slippers. The hospital gown hung off him, his collar bones standing out. 

"Are you sure?" Harry's deep voice startled him, he had placed his hand on the small of Louis' back. Rubbing softly, he stabilized Louis. Louis took a shuddery breath before looking Harry straight in the eye, he gave him the most reassuring smile he could muster before taking a step forward. 
"I'm sure, haz. I'll be fine, just going for a walk. Fresh breath, that's all." 

"Do you want one of us to come with you-"
"Niall, love, I just need some time alone. I'll be fine alone, honey. It's not like I'm going across the world."  

With that Louis was gone, small steps disappearing into the hallway as the remaining members of the band tried to make small talk with each other. Filling in awkward blanks with the discussion about something as useless as the weather. 

Louis, however, had no intention of going for a walk. He actually just wanted to talk to Zayn (or give him some cuddles) after his small 'chat' with management. He knew very well how horrid they could be (he had the first-hand experience for the nearly past six years) and he knew that all Zayn would want right now is a hug (and a brick wall to punch). 

He asked a blonde nurse if she had seen Zayn anywhere, only getting a simple point towards the toilets. He made his way, taking small steps, passing elderly men and women walking around with their walkers. He walked into the men's washroom, nearly all stalls were empty. The last one to the far right had the sounds of angry muttering and periodic slamming the wall with a fist. Louis made his way to the stall, noticing the door wasn't locked or fully closed for that matter. He pushed it softly, just enough to see Zayn with bloody fists and head in his palms. His phone lay cracked next to him, his whole body shook softly as though he was crying. 

"Zayn?" The said boy immediately looked up, eyes were bloodshot and his face held a frustrated frown. His eyes immediately softened and his arms stretched out, silently asking Louis to come closer. Louis fell into his lap, wiping away some of the tears as Zayn let out a choked sob. 

"It isn't fair.. it isn't fair" Zayn murmured softly against the soft skin of Louis' cheeks. His nose nuzzled Louis' jaw, as Louis' arms tightened around Zayn's torso. 

"Shh, I know it isn't fair, babe, but we're gonna try very hard to make it right." Louis realizes as he comforts Zayn, that this is the first time he's seen him cry. Sure, he's seen alphas cry (he's been to the club enough times) but never Zayn or the other alphas for that matter. He isn't crying for the reason alphas usually cry, like being dumped by some beta or omega. He's crying out of frustration, as though he's been screaming loudly for a long time and the people around just don't hear him. And Louis knows what that feels like as much as he wished he didn't. It was one of the worst things to feel, to be ignored and hurt continuously by everybody you ever loved. And Louis does everything he can to make Zayn feel better.

  "They are so fucking ridiculous, it makes me want to crack their skulls open and just- ugh. Do you know what they said- such fucking bullshit. They want to fly you out to Ibiza, they're planning to get you in a cheating scandal this time. And oh god, I tried telling them that it's utter nonsense and that you're not fine right now, that this is the most ridiculous thing they've done but they fucking told me to shut up. That a fucking beta can live through this. So I told them, on their fucking faces, that you're not a beta! And then they just went silent. They said something about you breaking some contract and then they hung up. And I tried calling them again and they just ignored it. And oh my god- that just annoyed me so much like dare they. How dare they think they can do anything they want without us doing anything. Then it hit me. All these years, they forced you, Louis, against your will to do things you never wanted and we never batted an eye. We always thought everything was fine, that you were just a bit of a diva. And I feel so pathetic Louis. I'm the worst alpha out there. I've hit you, verbally abused you, the whole pack has ignored you and made you feel like shit, as though no one cared about you. But what makes it worse is that Louis now, you're still so accepting of us, even after all the bullshit that we put you through. How do you do it? How do you forgive someone who destroyed your life?"  

Zayn's words really hit Louis' core, avoiding eye contact with Zayn. As he felt Zayn's breath even out, he spoke up. " I don't know, I guess I'm dumb that way. I forgive quickly, it's a waste of breath to hold grudges. I think I realized a long while back that it's easier to accept things in life and move on rather than hold onto it. It's easier to release the pain onto myself than people around me because if I hurt someone else, I'm getting hurt too. But if I hurt myself, it's only me. So I guess my biggest problem is the ability to do the maths." 

And it's silent. That's all that has ever been. 

A.N: Sorry for the late chapter, hope you all liked it :)  (also this is not edited, like always) I hope you also had a great weekend since mine was wasted in some stupid school event. 

vote~comment~follow

all the love, xxx