chapter 45

Niall eyed Liam nervously, he desperately hoped that Liam wouldn't do anything they would regret. He could sense Louis' discomfort, a shared sense between all omegas so they could help and support each other.

His mind had been a blurry mess, all of it had happened in a week nearly. Omegas weren't supposed to be put under too much mental stress, even if they were to enter extremely stressful fields like the military, they had special drugs which suppressed the quantity of hormones produced which helped them think straight and remain calm. Preventing normally disastrous situations.  The fact that Louis probably didn't even receive a proper night's sleep didn't help in calming his nerves.

The tension in the room was thick and everyone was too silent for Niall's liking. All his memories and thoughts were jumbled, like a broken tape recorder, missing out events or repeating them. The only thing clear in his mind was that he needed to do something. So he did the most logical at the time.

He hugged Louis.

The sudden action took everyone by shock. He could feel the tension in between Louis' shoulders, bones probing through the sweater wore. Louis eventually wrapped his arms around Niall, although the movement was hesitant and reluctant.

"Are-are you okay?"

Louis whispered softly in his ears, and Niall could swear he heard his heart shatter into a million pieces.

"I'm okay Lou, it's all okay. We've got you."

He knew the alphas would only scare Louis away, he knew they would send him in defensive mode. He knew his scent would calm Louis down, make him feel safe and loved. He knew his touch was enough for Louis to melt away. With the lack of suppressants, Louis' senses would be heightened, the overwhelming smell of an familiar omega was enough to make him feel at home. It was engraved in his DNA, he just knew.

"I-I don't understand-"

"I've got you Lou, you'll be okay. You're not alone in this, okay honey? You're safe now, sweets. You're not alone."

That was all it took to break Louis.

The alphas had no idea what happened, for they couldn't hear what they whispered to each other. But seeing their omega comforting the other distressed one was enough enough to send them into overdrive. They managed to refrain themselves albeit barely, knowing it would startle the omegas but they couldn't help the excess amount of phenomenons they were releasing. The air was a storm of hormones, only sending Louis into a more vulnerable state.

Liam only broke the silence when Louis began to visibly cry, finally cracking under pressure. He reached forward to touch Louis, backing off when Niall emitted a threatening growl. It was rare to ever see him angry, so to say they were a bit surprised was an understatement. It was justified though, so it wasn't like they could reprimand him either.

Niall placed his hand behind Louis' head, letting him bury in his head into his neck so he could surround himself with Niall's scent.  Niall signalled with his eyes for the alphas to leave the room, before slowly leading Louis into a more comfortable position on the sofa from where they stood next to it.

Zayn quickly dragged both the alphas outside before they protest. If they wanted Louis to be freed, they needed a plan.

He opened the bedroom nearest to him, which happened to be the guest room Harry was using in Louis' large mansion-like house. He locked the door behind them, before speaking.

"We need a plan."

Liam sat on the bed, his jaw tense and rigid. Harry paced around the room, his fist clenching and unclenching.

"No shit."

Zayn rolled his eyes slightly at Harry's statement.

"We need to them to court, those fucking bastards. Make them rot and suffer in jail, make them pay for everything they did to Louis, fucking-" Liam cut himself off, taking a deep breath.

"We need to deal with this in a cool, collected manner-"

"Well easier said then done, I just want to bash their heads in along with Simon's. Did he even know about this? I swear to god, if he was behind this then I'm honestly going to murder him, that-"

"Enough you both!"  Zayn managed to shut both of them up, devising plans for murder wasn't going to come in handy, at least not right now.

"We need to take them to court, deal with it in a legal manner. We sue them, then break free from the contract and finally send them to jail. Also we need to get Louis to a health care center, this time more discretely. I don't want those twats to barge in like last time, ya know?"
Zayn looked at the other boys expectantly, who both seemed to be in agreement.

"Okay...but who do we do that?"

Harry's eyes lit as he remembered the nurse from the hospital, maybe she could help them!

"There was this nurse from the hospital, she gave me her number, she seemed to know something about this whole situation. Maybe she could stand as a witness. Even if not, she can surely help us with temporarily taking care of Louis, just to make sure nothing is worse than last time."

He dug through his coat, which sprawled out on the floor. The tiny piece of paper remained crumbled in his back pocket, eventually finding it.

"Okay, good at least that is settled. But...if you had her number, why didn't you call her before?"

Harry just looked at Liam, sheepishly. Rolling his eyes, Liam turned to face Zayn.

"What do we do about the legal side of this mess?"

"We sue them, obviously."

"No shit Sherlock, but on what except the omega thing? Will it be enough to win the case?"

"Inhumane terms." Harry piped into their conversation, not looking from his up phone where he dialled her number.

Harry continued when no replied, "Remember when he showed us the contract? There was a paragraph which stated the weight he needed to be? I checked online and that is gravely underweight. I'm pretty sure we can get a good deal on that, also on the second page which showed how he was to appear to the public? That takes away his basic rights of freedom such as speech and I know celebrities generally have harsh contracts but that is just cruel, as if they just want him to suffer. And obviously, forcing someone to hide their second gender is illegal, in almost all countries. And the suppressants they gave are illegal too, I'm pretty sure. And the way they behave with him...just disgusting. So I think we are not the ones who should worry."

By the end of his explanation, Liam was grinning and even Zayn had small smile playing on his lips.

"Well, let's go show those asshats where they belong." 

Zayn and Liam exited the room, while Harry stayed back to call the nurse. Both of them slowly walked to the living room, noticing the house was dead silent with the exception Harry's muffled conversation from inside.

They were both greeted with Niall gently rocking Louis against his chest while sing quietly. Niall signalled them to both to be quiet, Louis' eyes were half closed; breath evened out.

It was adorable, they were so used to babying Niall that seeing him mother someone made their hearts swell. Louis was no less adorable, curled up against the omega's side with sweater paws nearly hiding his own face. He looked like a small kitty, and all the alphas wanted to do was take pictures and cuddle them forever.

For the first time, they knew; everything was going to be alright.

hello, happy april's fool day (i might be a day late) but i hope you liked this chapter; due to a family emergency, I am unable to update as frequently as I planned, but if you've stuck with this story, I thank you with all my heart. thank you ❤️ I am sorry for the Long waits and grammatical errors, thank you for reading.