Chapter 21

Third person p.o.v

The tired voice echoed, startling the men in front of him.

Green eyes filled with fear and brown eyes filled with disgust.  

"What are you doing?" 

"It's my house, Liam." 

An exhausted voice answered the question. Liam just looked at Louis in disbelief before turning to Harry, who was still trying to find words to explain Liam. This time it was clear the question was directed to Harry. 

Within five seconds, words were running like a bullet train from Harry's mouth. Liam could only make out abuse, Louis, omega and beta from the string of words. 

This got Liam's attention, it was an interesting combination of words. Was Louis abusing an omega? Did Louis know an abused omega who was ill-treated by his beta? There were endless possibilities in Liam's mind, all with Louis as a horrible person. 

It was an image Zayn and Liam had painted in his mind. According to them, Louis was all evil with nothing nice about him. Too loud, too rude, too mean. 

"What?" 

Louis had left before Liam gathered the sensibility to ask him what he meant. Louis knew what was coming and he didn't want to be there for it.                                                                                                   Harry took a deep breath before starting again.

"Louis is an omega. Niall was right. He's been pretending to be a beta, for god knows how long. And oh lord, Liam, we've been so bad to him. So horrid and rude. And we've abused him so much. Liam! What are we gonna do? He hates us, I'd hate us if I was him." 

By the end, Harry's pulling his hair out and tears lining his eyes. The reality is sinking in, what are they gonna do?  Liam's reaction is a bit different. It's confusion before he begins to eye him.   

"How high are you?"

That's when Harry loses it.

"ARE YOU THAT DUMB LIAM! I'VE BEEN TRYING TO EXPLAIN IT TO YOU SINCE- OH MY GOD. Just come with me"

With a sudden burst of energy, Harry drags Liam into the house. He shoves the bottle of suppressants into his face. 

"Smell this, taste this. These are suppressants. I can bet you my life they are suppressants. Now, why would Louis have these on the same day he goes out with Niall and Niall tells us that Louis is an omega? Aren't these clues enough?! Liam use your damn brain!"

Liam smells and tastes them, and yes, they are suppressants. But unlike Harry, Liam can't believe. He just doesn't understand why Louis would hide this? They already had an omega, they could live with another one. Especially, when that omega was Louis. 

Louis walks into the living room a few minutes later with a tray with some biscuits and three cups of tea where Harry is walking around seemingly talking to himself, pain visible on his face. Liam was kept staring at the pills, unable to believe that the loud, wild and the only beta in their band was not a beta.

Louis places the tray on the centre table before taking a cuppa himself and looking at the distressed alphas, expecting anything from a hug to a slap. They seem more distressed than himself about the ordeal. Louis actually remarkably calm and he would have applauded himself if he didn't feel so numb. 

The alphas finally notice the presence in the room, Harry rushing to hug Louis. Liam just takes a cuppa from the tray, before saying a quiet 'thanks'.

The room's silent, with an exhausted omega breathing in Harry's scent, Harry holding onto Louis as though he would break if he let go and Liam just looking at the pair, unaware what to do.

"So.. umm.. I guess that both of you know?" Uncertainty was filled Louis' voice. 

And this has to be the first time Liam notices that Louis is so small, so tiny. Too small to be a beta, he looks so fragile and that confirms Harry's claim. Liam gets up to hug Louis and he'd be lying if his heart didn't break when Louis flinched. 

Liam finally seemed to understand Niall's desperation and Harry's frustration. Liam's mind kept on racing with thousands of questions. He just didn't know what to do. What could he to help Louis, what would happen to them as a pack and as a band. How would they deal with the management. They still had to tell Zayn, but that wouldn't be an easy task. 

It was anyways 4 am, maybe they all should just go to sleep. Wake up at probably one o'clock and think about it then But sleeping wasn't going to make their problems go away.

And they probably wouldn't be able to sleep, not every day did that one mistreated beta come forward and confess to being an omega taking such harmful drugs. 

That reminded Liam, they needed to take Louis to the doctor, these were the A1 type drugs. Used by the omegas in the army but they were only allowed for maximum 16 months under strict supervision. It was a wonder where Louis found them. It was a huge crime.

Louis sat opposite Liam, on Harry's lap. His head on Harry's chest, for the first time, his mind was silent. He didn't feel anything, physically and emotionally. A few days ago, this was all he wanted but now, nothing made sense. 

Harry couldn't do anything except hold Louis, as though that would fix everything. That made Harry feel a little better about himself, a little useful in this situation. Louis was soft and warm, he smelled good and they fit together so well, why hadn't Harry noticed before. 

No one disrupted the silence, just let it guide their minds.  Even though Harry's mind was a puddle of emotions, Liam's was in a state of shock and confusion while Louis' was a daze.

"Let's tell Zayn if you haven't already."   Louis croaked out. 

Liam wasn't startled this time, too much had happened for him to be shocked even more. 

He got up, car keys jingling in the back pocket, as Harry asked Louis if he wanted to come. Sighing, Louis silently agreed. before they all of them bundled into the car, Louis rushed to get a bunch of papers. Papers he agreed to show them when all the boys were together.

Papers from the management. 

Hi, so I'm writing this half asleep. I'm probably gonna fail, so I just wanted to update before my parents figure out what's happening and ban me from wattpad. 

Thanks for reading, hopefully, y'all enjoyed.

vote~comment~follow

all the love, xx