Chapter 19

I'm sorry 💔

Third Person P.O.V

Louis takes a few moments to collect himself, he has given up another huge opportunity, like usual. Niall is going to hate him for sure after he hears what Louis said. That's all he's good, lying.

He gets up slowly, all his joints and limbs hurting. And his head's screaming, Louis' vision is blurred from the tears too. He wants to cry but his throat burns and it's extremely hard to cry, he's too exhausted. He's got nothing now, except his aching soul.

He skips dinner again, he can't gain any more weight. He can't be bothered to close the lights or switch off the t.v. He's emotionally and physically done. He's exhausted and the long night is catching up to him. He comes to a brilliant realisation, he needs sleep.

So as the tiny boy cuddles into the white sheets with about a million pillows surrounding him, he feels lonely but cosy. He can live for the night.

Meanwhile, outside, a pair of alphas express their anger towards the exhausted boy, unaware of their extent of the anger. Nothing made Liam and Zayn more anger than anyone insulting Niall. He was their precious little thing. But Harry didn't get angry. More of confused than anything.

Louis and Niall were extremely close. They had always got along. Louis was always gentle with Niall. Always speaking about him as though the boy was made of gold. So nothing shocked him more today when Louis said those things about Niall.

"Aye, Haz, you coming? We're going back home. I can't stand to be around that piece of filth. And we have to talk about Niall lying to us about the 'omega' thing. I don't understand why he lied to us. Have the punishments been too bad?"

Liam's now gentle voice brings Harry out of his thoughts. He had to bite his tongue before he can bite back a snarky remark about how Louis is a thousand times better than all of them, giving them no right to call him filth.

It's not like Harry had always believed in Louis, but after him ending up in the hospital and then disappearing for two weeks, Harry saw a certain sadness in Louis' eyes when he appeared out of nowhere, to drop Niall off, earlier that evening. It looked like Louis was losing himself, drowning within himself. Even though Harry only watched from the window, he picked it up.

And right now, while Louis said those spiteful things, there was a certain undertone. It felt like he directed all that to himself. Harry had just begun to notice, there was always a bit of self-loathing vibe from Louis. His beautiful eyes were so dead, and honestly, Harry hated himself for not noticing before.

Louis had always been there, every day and night, during boot camp and the first two years of one direction, of them. What changed? Oh, right pulled himself away. And the boys? they pushed him away. The pushed him so much, he was falling over the edge. And now, Harry knew they had the catch before he hit the ground.

"Hey, Haz, you coming?"

Zayn's question is quickly answered with a nod. Harry makes his way to the car, he'll probably deal the Louis situation in the morning.

Just as he' s about to close enter the car, a tiny voice in his head screams. Telling him to do something, not walk away like an idiot. It was so unsuspected it takes Harry by surprise, causing him to jump a little. Almost as if his guardian angel was screaming, to go save the boy he first loved and still does.

After an incomplete explanation, to the boys who were too exhausted to argue, he rushes to towards the house.

The door isn't locked, that's the first thing he notices.

Which is extremely dangers, especially at night, so of course Harry panics. If anything happened to Louis, Harry'd probably want to crack his forehead open. Thankfully, the inside still looks like the way, he and the others saw about half an hour ago.

So he walked around the house, finding the vitamins bottle. It looked old and Harry opened it to see if it's expired. But the pills smelled odd, licking them a bit, they tasted like something Harry tasted before but couldn't put a finger on it.

Setting the bottle down, Harry found no dishes. So either Louis ate out of his hands or he skipped dinner. Harry settled for the later since Louis had been looking rather skinny (Harry could see his ribs even through not-so- tight clothes).

He found Louis in his room, asleep. He'd explain to him tomorrow morning, about his concerns and why he felt the need to sneak in and hide in his house.

Just as he began clearing up the blankets in the living room, it hit him. That taste and smell! When Harry was in school, in was compulsory for everyone to learn about suppressants. How bad they were and how alphas, betas and omegas were made aware by smelling and having a tiny lick so they would remember the taste and smell since looked a lot like normal medicine.

He must have let out some kind of noise cause behind him a wide-eyed Louis with an expression of shock and fear mixed. Harry could see Louis replace his expression with his signature smirk.

But Harry could see through it, he jumped right in, hugging Louis extremely tight. He whispered things like sorry and I love you in Louis' ears. Louis stumbled a bit before pushing him away.

"What do want harry, it's 3 a.m."

Harry just looks at him, tears pooling at his eyes. How could he be so fucking stupid and blind?

Whoever said ignorance is bliss was a huge idiot.

Something must have told Louis, cause his expression changed from blank to confused to shocked. And before Louis could reduce himself to a panic attack, Harry hugged him. Slowly rubbing his back up and down.

Both of them were crying but for different reasons. Louis was relieved because one more step closer to freedom and Harry felt guilty. Louis had suffered so much while he lived without a care in the world. Harry had only now noticed how much he didn't know and how horrible things went on behind the curtains.

Harry lifted Louis up, who weighed as light as a feather all while pressing soft kisses to the boy who was still sniffling softly in Harry's neck. He laid down next to him in his soft bed, turning to his phone, Harry played soft songs. With the window slightly open, the pair could see the stars and the moon. And never had Louis felt such comfort. This was all he ever wanted.

That's how they feel asleep, in each other's arms. Without exchanging a single word but yet, they understood each other right then. And Louis wanted to take a picture because

it was perfect.

okay, so the last few chapters were extremely sad, and I'm a horrible person for doing that to Lou. So I'm paying for my sins. Also, guys, my laptop began glitching so sorry for any mistakes!

vote~comment~follow ♡