chapter 46

"Hello?"

"Uh...hey! you gave me your number a few days back? I'm the tall- kinda lanky guy? brown hair, green eyes?"

"Uh...sorry sir, but I think you got the wrong number...?"

"No, no, no! I'm sure, please try to remember! I met you at eh central hospital reception, I was with a short brown-haired boy? Please!"

"No, sir. I don't remember such an encounter, I'm sorry but-"

"Please! C'mon! try to remember! Does the name Louis Tomlinson ring a bell? Please! We need your help!"

He was only greeted with silence on the other side, Harry felt his heart drop as he came to a conclusion that she cut his call. But before he could remove his phone from his ear, a small voice spoke from the other side.

"The omega?"

Her voice was just above a whisper yet Harry heard her. Over the thumping of his heart and the rushing of blood through his ears, he managed to respond eagerly.

"Yes! yes! him! him! So can you please help us? You said you will- It's not much! If you require money then it no big deal! Please- think of it as a favor for us-"

"Are you free right now?"

Harry was taken back by her tone. The initial bold voice was replaced by a more nervous one as if she were afraid of being caught. The urgency in her voice remained prominent as Harry scrambled to respond.

He thought about it for a second, should he leave Louis right now? Sure, he would be fine with the other right here but his heart ached at the thought of leaving him alone. But this was after all very important, and for Louis's benefit. If she did have some crucial evidence, they could have her stand in the court if the management happened to sue them or vice-versa.

"Uhh, yes, of course! Where do you want to meet?"

"What about near the park? On the 45th Avenue? Do you mind?"

Of course he didn't.

"Okay, I'll be there in 15, if that's okay?"

"I'm already here."

"oh, uh, okay!"

The line went dead after that, not that Harry cared. He was already pulling at the nearest piece of clothing he could find.

He stumbled out of the room in a black coat over his white shirt and black, skinny jeans. He had pulled out a black face mask and sunglasses, just in case, if any fan happened to be around.

Zayn and Liam sat on the sofa with Niall sandwiches between, holding Louis tightly in his arms. Louis' eyes were closed and his breathing was soft and even, signalling he was out. Niall's eyes were half-lidded and his breathing was calm, signalling it wouldn't be too long before he was out too.

Zayn and Liam looked at Harry who only pointed at his phone and mounted an 'I need to leave'. Zayn looked confused while Liam seemed to understand, nodding in agreement.

With that, Harry rushed out of the house, getting into the nearest cab he could catch and rushing towards the park. It's was just a ten minute ride but to Harry it seemed like forever. His heart thumped hard and loud as blood rushed in his ear. Maybe the taxi driver sensed his uneasiness as he remained silent (not once questioning his weird demeanour or the fact that he looked like he was going to a funeral) and instead switched on the radio. Soft hums of a song Harry had never heard of filled the car, as his mind wandered off to uncharted territories.

When the taxi halted to a stop, he practically threw the money at the driver before quickly jumping of to leave. Only shouting a 'keep the change' at his sudden departure.

At the main gate of the park, a young lady in simple jeans and shirt stood. Her hair was pulled back and her eyes remained trained on her phone. Harry immediately knew it was her.

"Hey! Hi! Sorry, couldn't find a cab fast enough"

She looked up, slightly startled but immediately relaxing when she caught his pretty green eyes. If she was into guys, she would have definitely drooled. 

"Hey, I'm glad you could come as fast as you did. Wait- here, have a look at this before we start any real talk."

She handed Harry a brown leather file without further words.

NON DISCLOSURE CONTRACT

The words were in big, bold font in the front.
Harry filled over the file, quickly rushing through it. It stayed various clause with repercussions if she happened to snitch.

"There's the official SYCO stamp on the file so you know everything I say is authentic. Because I need you to believe very single word I say, things are about to get messed up."

Harry only nodded.

hey, there's been a death in the family so this update is Super late. thank you for everyone who is still reading :) I rlly appreciate it. thank you. And sorry for any grammatical mistakes.