We were going to tell you eventually

A/n hope that you all like this shout out to @aye.sterek on Instagram for the picture although I don't know if that's their name on Instagram anymore but please follow them their account is so good. Hope you all like this one I think it's a bit fluff but I think you'll like it...

Sheriff stilinski's pov
It was a really long day in work I had to do overtime and I was on an early shift in the morning it was around 1am when I finally got home. I was going to apologise to stiles for leaving him this long and not giving him warning, but I was going to wait till later in the day because I didn't want to wake him, I pulled up in the drive of the house, dragging my feet inside and up the stairs as quietly as I could to not wake stiles. I checked in on him looking through the gap in his door and saw him lying there comfortably. It had been a month since he last had nightmares and I wasn't exactly sure why they had stopped I opened the door slightly farther just to make sure he was okay and that was when I saw Derek hale in his bed I reached for my gun holding it slightly on my belt and then I noticed stiles cuddle up to him a bit more Derek's arms around my son cradling him cuddling each other as they slept. I wasn't going to wake either of them up because if Derek was helping stiles with his nightmares then I was grateful but stiles could have told me that they were together.

The next morning at around 6am I just checked in on stiles seeing Derek still there I opened the door unannounced and just said "stiles I'm on an early shift, I don't mind Derek being here but you could have told me you were together" he just opened his eyes dramatically and looked at Derek on his bed and then looked at me processing my words ad then just said "sorry" with a shrug which earned him a laugh off me I sighed as stiles lied back down cuddling more into the sleeping werewolf next to him then I looked at stiles again "see you later dad" he grumbled tiredly I just smiled and replied "see you later son, when you both wake up properly ask Derek if he wants to come to dinner tonight, would love to officially meet my sons boyfriend" I wasn't expecting a spoken reply but I did and not off the person I was originally talking to instead Derek answered me saying "would love to sir... Thank you" I just sighed and whispered "you're welcome" and then I went down made myself a cup of coffee and left for work feeling happier that stiles wasn't having nightmares anymore. But more importantly he was happy.