Chapter 3 - The Visit

Chloe's Pov:

Today is Sunday. Sunday is a good day for me. I hopped up out of my bed and brushed out my long blonde hair. Then I applied a little mascara to my eyelashes and pulled on some shorts and a knitted jumper. Only I cover my arms.

Then I pulled on my black shoes and walked out of my room, not forgetting to grab my phone.

When I was walking through the hallways I could feel all the other kids' eyes on me. They started to whisper and snicker at me. I let out a sigh. Why will no one give me a chance? I'm not a bad person. Why won't anyone listen?

"Hey, loner. Where are you going? To hang around in that grungy old house?" One of the older kids said, causing everyone to laugh. I just kept my head down and walked out of the front door.

When I got out of the gates I pulled out my phone to compose a new message.

"Good morning, jack.
I hope your day is great. I have just been picked on by the other kids but I'm quite happy today. I'm excited because today I can go and see her. She means a lot to me. I love you.
-Chloe"

I suppose you're wondering who she is. She is my nan. Aka grandma but I call her nan. She is my only family that wants anything to do with me. Now, you're probably wondering why me and my brother didn't just go and live with her. We'll, she is in an old peoples home.

No, she doesn't have Alzheimer's or dimensia or anything like that she just has really bad rheumatoid arthritis in her legs and wasn't able to live alone. She is my mums mum and my favourite person in the whole world. But, as I'm only Allowed out on Sundays and at her home you can only visit every two Sundays, I can only see her once a fortnight. Other Sundays I go and sit in my old family home, and I draw.

I have always loved drawing and taking pictures, ever since I was little. See when I was young my family didn't really have much, and one year they scraped together to buy me a digital camera. I was so grateful for that camera, it was my life. Other years they bought me drawing pads and pencils and paints. It made me so happy. I still have my camera now but the adoption centre refuses to buy me batteries. I also still have my drawing pads, but I only have half of the pages left and my pencils are wearing down to nubs. I can't get myself a job until next year as I am only 14 but it is my 15th birthday in a next Sunday and the home are going to buy me some drawing supplies. I know they will only be cheap ones and not proper art ones like my parents would buy but they will do. I am not ungrateful.

I turned around the corner to the home and smiled. I am excited to see her.

When I walked inside she was sat in the reception, waiting for me like she usually is. She had a big smile on her face and I ran over to her, giving her a big hug.
"Hello, Chloe" said Caroline, the receptionist. She was around 18 and was very pretty. She was always so kind to me.
"Hello, Caroline" I smiled at her, before turning back to my nan.
"Take me to my room, dear. I have something to show you." My nan said to me and I took the handles of her wheelchair and pushed her up the ramp to her room.

A/n: hey guys! I'm sorry if this story is being a bit boring but the first few chapters are just background info. Comment what you think. Ily all.
-Charlie💞