Chapter 16 - Shot Through The Heart

Jacks Pov:

I heard a voice say something to Chloe on the phone line and her face brooked.
"What is it?" I asked her, but she didn't hear me and continued on with her conversation.

"What do you mean" Chloe said, and I swear I could see her little heart break.

Chloe's Pov:

I agreed to meet Caroline at the home in ten minutes and hung up the phone. I grabbed my jacket off of the back of my chair, muttered a quick "come on" to jack and walked downstairs. I pulled on my converse and headed out of the door.

Jacks Pov:

The whole of the car ride, Chloe seemed slightly distant. I don't know what had happened but it couldn't be good.

The bus stopped outside of the old peoples home and I remembered what Chloe had said about her nan being here once. This definitely can't be good.

~

I followed Chloe through the doors and she walked over to a young looking woman stood near the reception area. I recognised her as Caroline, one of my old friends from school. I was going to go over to her to catch up but I really didn't think that this was the time.

I followed Caroline and Chloe through some corridors until we reached a room where they could speak in private. I was going to wait outside but Chloe asked me to come inside, incase she needed me.

We sat down at a square table, and I held Chloe's hand to mine under the table. I am scared for her. It's funny to think that I a have only known this girl a few days and I am more in love with her than I could ever dream. Wait, did I just say that? Love? Oh god, I've fallen for her...

I was dragged out of my thoughts when Caroline cleared her throat.
"Chloe, jack. I'm so sorry. But I guess I'll just come out with it" she said. Chloe and I looked at her, willing her to continue. "Your nan didn't die from the heart attack. We didn't notice at first but-" she broke off. We waited for her to continue.

"She was shot"

An: ohhhhh. Guess what will happen next in the comments;) ily all.
-Charlie💕