Chapter 22 - Everyone Gets Bored

Chloe's Pov:

Desert? I'm in the desert?

"Here is the only water for hundreds of miles and if we try to leave we'll be food for the vultures within a day. The smell of death would attract the vultures and he doesn't want them to eat his -um, collection. That's why there frozen" I nodded when she reached the end of her story.

"So how long have you been here?" I asked her, I didn't want to be rude but I needed to know exactly how long I was going to be alive.

"I lost count after a year. Decided that wasting my time waiting for someone to rescue me wasn't worth it. He made me watch, you know." She said, I was confused.

"Made you watch what?" I asked, she nodded her head towards the wall.

"Charlotte, he made me watch as he killed her." She Said.

I froze in shock. I was going to have to watch when he killed ruby?

My voice when slightly croaky.

"How long do you think we have left?" I asked her.

"You, if you're lucky, a very long time. Me, not so long." I looked at her, questioningly, waiting for her to continue. "You see, he keeps the older ones for the first couple of weeks so that they can feed the newcomer and give them drinks and comfort them while they're wrists are fastened to the wall, but as soon as those chains are uncut-" she stopped talking but I knew what she meant.

Tears began to roll down my cheek.

"So you mean, because of me?" I stuttered.

"Not because of you. I knew it was coming. Everyone gets bored eventually."

No ones Pov:

He woke up that morning with the same sick grin on his face he usually wears. He decided it was about time he checked up in the new addition to his collection, as Thier was only a matter of time before his older one was added to the wall. He chuckled to himself.

He started to take the long walk down to his basement. Unlocking several locked doors and travelling down several flights of stairs. Eventually he reached the final door. He typed on the code for the electric lock and lifted undid 7 bolts before putting the key into the key hole. He had to take precaution to ensure his collection was safe. When he began to peel open the door he heard voices. They knew whispering was against the rules. He was angry, to say the least.

A/n: hellooo! Hope you like it;) comment thoughts. Ily all.

-Charlie💕