Chapter 21 - All Tied Up

Chloe's Pov:

I woke up in a strange room. I couldn't recognise it and I could put money on the fact that I have never been in this room in my life.

I felt a sharp pain in my wrists and looked up to see that my arms were chained to the wall above me. I felt the same pain I'm my ankles and saw that they were attatched to eachother. This wasn't a very comfortable position so I tried to shuffle around but the slightest movement made my wrists hurt even more. So I just slumped down until my spine hit the stone floor.

When I finally became completely aware of my surroundings I saw a glass of water beside me. You might think 'oh what a kind gesture' but no, .the water was grey and you couldn't even see through it and the glass was dirty. Plus, he couldn't be very well educated because how am I supposed to drink with my wrists chained to the wall?

I froze when I saw another person in the room, but I relaxed slightly when I saw it was a young girl with blonde hair, not him. But, as my eyes started to scan her properly I noticed she wasn't awake, her eyes were shut and she looked eerily pale. As my eyes lowered she didn't have a body. She, along with 13 others, was simply a head nailed to the wall. There was nothing I could do but turn to the side and be violently sick. I couldn't stop the tears from streaming down my face... How long do I have until that is me?

"I find it's best not to look over that way" I jumped when I heard the voice beside me. I turned to see a beautiful young girl, about 16, with blonde hair down to her ribs and the most piercing blue eyes I have ever seen. (Sorry nash grier^.^).

I have her a nod before apologising for throwing up.

"It's okay, it's your first day." she replied. "Besides, he always cleans the vomit because of the smell." She nodded towards the window. "That's why it's so cold in here. The head- um, they're frozen." She changed her mind. "To stop them from rotting"

I just nodded and tried to shrug deeper into my jacket.

"Here, let me." The girl said, reaching over and zipping my hoodie up to the top. "I'm Ruby by the way"

"Thanks, ruby." I said. "But, if you don't mind me asking. Why aren't your wrists chained to the wall."

"Oh, we'll he chains our wrists for the first week or so... Until he knows that we know there is no way to escape, well, until he knows we won't try. And e expects the ones who have been here longer to give us out food and water." She said, obviously happy to tell her story.

"But, how does he know you won't try to escape?" I ask her, directing toward the window in the corner of the room.

"We'll, thing is..." She started "were in the middle of the desert..."

A/n: ohhh big news. Comment your thoughts. Ily all.

-Charlie💕