Chapter 30 - i remember it well

Chloe's Pov:

It wouldn't leave my mind. I can't believe I didn't notice it before! It was him. It was the bastard who killed my parents.

I remember it well. The day we were sat in the family room. Those were the happy days. Me, mum, dad and my brother. We were watching some game show that I have forgotten the name of. We used to love it, but details like that seem irrelevant now.

That's when we heard the door bolt rattling. For some reason my father looked terrified, but my mother just confused. She ushered us kids upstairs and told us not to come down no matter what, and to call the police if we could. So, we locked ourselves in the bathroom and hugged eachother close. We could hear muffled shouting from downstairs, and I covered my brothers eats as he cried into my shoulder. I could tell he was trying his best to keep his sobs silent. But it was too much for him to handle.

After a while I covered my own ears, I just couldn't handle the terrifying sounds anymore. But, when I heard a particularly loud gunshot. My heart stopped. Then when I heard another, it cracked straight down the middle.

I ran downstairs and locked the door behind the man that had left and went to close the curtains. But not before he got a glance at me through the window.

I thought that the crack in my heart would never heal. But, somehow when jack came into my life it did. It got better and it hurt. And slowly, it has almost disappeared.

But, I'll never see jack again. I'll never be able to fit perfectly into his arms again.

The worst part of it is that jack will never know, and I'll never be able to tell him how much he has done for me. But, even worse I'll never be able to give back. I'll never repay him for what he has done for me.

He fixed me and I can't help him in return. Just the thought of that made everything he fixed begin to break again.

I'll never see my jack again. And I need to accept it...

A/n: finally. Ily all.

-Charlie😘