Chapter 4 - Gifts

Jacks Pov:

I woke up and rolled over to look at my phone. The usual. My Facebook, Twitter and Instagram were blowing up with mentions and messages from fans. I clicked on a few and replied. I smiled when the fans changed their names to

'Tysm jack ily'

And

'Jack made my life'

I don't want to sound cocky it just makes me so happy that I can make someone smile by doing something that takes a second. I was dragged from my thoughts when I realised that my flight to la is in two hours!

Chloe's Pov:

I am sat in my Nan's room with her watching tv. I don't get to watch it very often in the home because I don't sit with the other children because they pick on me. I decided to compose another message.

"Hi, jack.

You're off to la today, right? I hope it's great, tell all the guys I said hi. I'm sat with my nan currently and this is the nicest day I have had so far, I hope your jet lag isn't too bad. Nan says hi. Hope your day goes great.

-Chloe"

I let out a sigh and tucked my phone back into my pocket as me and my nan chatted about everything and nothing.

"I never showed you did I?" She asked.

"Oh, no. I forgot" I replied.

She reached under her bed and pulled out a small wrapping paper box.

"I had a little money saved up and I can't see you next Sunday so I asked Caroline to take me to the shops.you better open it now though because they won't let you take it into the orphanage." She smiled at me.

"Thankyou so much, nan" I reached over and hugged her close, she kissed me on the forehead before I took the box and started to slowly peel off the wrapping paper.

When I unwrapped it all there was a coloured box. I lifted off the lid and smiled when I saw lots of smaller individual presents wrapped up in pale pink tissue paper.

I picked up the first one and peeled off the paper. It was a huge multipack of batteries for my camera.

"I figured that they would last you a while" she grinned at me, a tear ran down my cheek. "What's wrong? Is it not what you wanted?" She asked me looking hurt.

"No, nan. They're perfect. I'm just happy." I said but that wasn't the real reason. I'll have to sort this later.

I opened the next two to see proper art paper and and pencils, coy louring pencils, rubbers and handwriting pens. Also a good sharpener because mine breaks.

"I just need to ask you one favour" my nan said.

"Sure, nan, anything" I replied.

"Just promise me that you won't use these until you have used up the rubbish ones the home buys you" she said.

"Yes I promise."

There were two more present in the box. I looked at my nan confused. The only presents that I were used to getting was stationary, batteries, paper and candy. My nan had already given me a bag of sherbert pips. I love them. I picked up the smaller one and it was yet again a box. When I opened the box it was a new case for my I phone. Yes, I do have an I phone. Every Christmas for the last few years I have asked the home for money and I saved it all. My nan also gave me a bit of money every Christmas and I bought my phone my self. I take extreme care of it as it is my most prize possession.

The second present was soft. When I unpeeled the wrapping paper it was folded up fabric. I unfolded it to reveal the most beautiful dress. It had a cream sparkly bodice with a black short skirt, but not slutty short. It's from my nan. Underneath the dress were patent black heels.

"Thankyou so much, nan" I grinned, pulling her in for a huge hug.

"It's okay, dearie" she smiled and I set everything back in the box before sitting back on her bed.

A/n: hope you like it! Comment. Ily all.

-Charlie💕