Chapter thirty seven

A token of coffee

Ava regretted everything she had done that day in the mikealson compound

Yet at the same time she didn't.

And she didn't want to deal with the repercussions, so she stayed sealed in the compound- away from Cami.

*****

It was the next morning.

Ava could tell easily by the sun pooling through the crevices of the curtain. She could see the speckles of dust floating through the room and it was then she wondered what klaus could see.

His senses were heightened, could he see the fabric of the material lacing the window- or the amount of dust collecting at their very feet?

If it weren't for the heavy breathing beside her, Ava would have assumed klaus had stayed away once he left to attend to his sister.

The words he used were "as much as I love this, sweetheart. I've got an unconscious faux sister to deal with."

Oh, what a joy Freya Mikealson was turning out to be.

*****

Avas legs were sprawled across the sheets, and her eyes were scrunched closed in denial of the sun proving dominance.

"Morning, love." A husky voice murmured, his eyes splintering in the blistering blue.

Ava sighed as she thought of Camille. Of her unforgiving stare as Ava walked home in the same clothes as the day before.

She pushed her way off of the bed and fell onto the wooden floor in a heap. The hybrid laughed as he watched her topple to the ground, still clutching the thin blanket that was placed on the foot of the bed before.

Ava rose, huffing the strands of hair from her face and swerving to find any article of clothing that wasn't torn.

All she found was his shirt.

Great.

"Last night was fun." He grinned, pushing himself against the magnificent head board to watch her graciously fling the shirt over her shoulders.

"No." Ava retorted, eyes slitted.
"It was a mistake. And what I said last night still stands." Her voice was strong as she declared her thoughts, wrapping herself in the thin shirt.

Klaus chuckled as he nodded, curiosity a poison in his features.

"I'm sure it does, love." He commented with fake sincerity. Ava scowled at his tone, tugging her hair through the collar and storming toward the door.

"Ive never been more serious."

"Neither have I."

Ava stopped by the doorway, spinning around with a harsh glare and provoking stance.