Chapter eighty

Calming concoctions

"Niklaus, the sun has barely risen yet and you are already threatening the people of New Orleans

"Niklaus, the sun has barely risen yet and you are already threatening the people of New Orleans." Ava tutted, eyebrows raised as Niklaus turned with a rueful grin. The chief of police wriggled under the hybrids clenched grip, gasping for any small morsels of air he could suck in with a crippling windpipe.

"I find my methods are effective, Ava. We are in search for the she demon herself, so forgive me for a tad bit of torture will you?" Klaus chided, veins bursting a vivid red underneath his eyes just to add to theatrics.

"I see we're in for another normal Mikaelson breakfast." Freya observed as she followed Ava in, matching looks of displeasure resting on their faces. Klaus rolled his eyes, temper already rising from the entrance of his sister.

"I see you are yet to understand where you are unwanted." He combatted, squeezing the mans neck tighter as if in rebuttal.

"Niklaus!" Ava scolded as if scolding her own child.

"Drop the fool and the temper, before it grows bigger than your ego." She demanded, already noticing the mischievous rebellion caught in his eye.

"Very well." As his hand left the police officer held captive, Ava sped down the staircase. Like a test of her speed, she leapt toward the toppling man falling from the balcony and caught him before any serious damage would occur. Nik growled as his hands latched around the banister, scowling toward the blonde as she hurried the man along.

"He would have survived Avangeline." He muttered, his unkempt anger getting the better of him. Ava simply rolled her eyes, mentally deliberating if she wanted to suffer under his temper that day. Of course, she would have to anyway.

"I'm not sure if you're aware of this but Nik, its curtesy to leave visitors uninjured when leaving the house."

******

The family were tracking Aurora, although a cloaking spell was shielding any further action. Everyone was on edge, awaiting for an attack they all knew was coming.

Ava had even took to brewing some calming remedies simply to ease the tension. As the steaming cup poured into the two mugs, along with a slip of blood to make it more appeasing, Nik sauntered in.

"I know we live in New Orleans, love, but there's no need to create a witchy concoction." He mumbled, mind trapped elsewhere as Ava rolled her eyes. She pushed one of the mugs toward him, eyebrow quirked as the the drink sloshed against the side.

"It's tea Niklaus, with honey." She reasoned, leaning against the kitchen cabinet and sipping on her own drink. The hybrid scoffed, unamused at her calm demure as the fate of his family rested in a lunatics hands.

"You seem quite collected whilst in our current situation, I guess it's not your life teetering on the brink of extinction." He chided, childish annoyance threaded through each word like a two year old throwing a tantrum.

"Oh yeah, because I would be completely unaffected if my fiancée, the man I have promised eternity to, died. Absolutely unbothered actually." The china mug clattered against the counter as Ava went to walk off, deciding to leave a conversation that would only turn more toxic. But Nik quickly grasped her wrist, an apologetic look resting softly on his features.

"I'm sorry. It's just... this whole situation has me on edge." He apologised, hands falling against her waist as Ava nodded. Her fingers grazed his cheek, tingingly ever so slightly like it always did when they were in such close proxemics.

"It's okay, Nik. Freya is the most powerful witch we know, if anyone can find aurora she can." She soothed, her own cheeks blushing red as his breath flitted gently on to her skin.

"And when we find her, I'll kill her myself." At her notion, Niks eyebrows furrowed. In a second he had turned them around and placed Avangaline upon the counter surface, his body resting between her legs.

"When we find her, you will be at home safe. You know if anything happened to you I'd..." Klaus declared, thumb tracing her cheekbone.

"If anything happened to you Niklaus, I would never forgive myself." Ava interrupted, hand finding his as soft circles spread warmth across her face.

"I've lived for a thousand years without you Avangaline, I would love to live a thousand more with you by my side." He grinned, planting a small kiss on her cheek.

Ava giggled, sounding like a girl in the playground being chased by her crush. She didn't want to ruin the moment by demanding she go with them, she already knew she would anyway, so she just kissed him.

The spell that always casted upon them each time they had an intimate moment made Ava's stomach twist and twirl. And she knew no matter how long they had left, the feeling would never change.

"Always and forever." Nik whispered as he admired her beauty, her crystal eyes shimmering underneath the kitchen lights. Ava's blush deepened, her mind racing with thoughts that all circled him. She let her mind wander as she leant in for another intimate moment, words slipping past her lips.

"Forever And always."

•••

279k!

Sorry I'm finding it difficult to upload, I know you guys won't like that either. I hope this suffices for a bit because id rather wait and complete a good chapter than rush a bad one.

Sorry.

H.G