Chapter forty seven

Dripping gold

Ava pressed the white bandage against her wound as she refused Elijahs blood

Ava pressed the white bandage against her wound as she refused Elijahs blood. The pain was already soothing from the pain relief.

"So now you're injury has been addressed. What do you mean, Niklaus had a plan?" Elijah yelled at the startled girl. Ava furrowed her eyebrows, shocked from his outburst.

"We had a plan, a plan he has mercilessly destroyed!" Elijah retorted, his glare intensely on Ava.

"Your plan wouldn't have worked. Klaus had to enact one of his own." She stayed calm as she glanced down at the newly covered body on the floor.

"And what might that be?" Elijah demanded, never straying far away from the burnt remains.

"He has to get her to link to him." Avas voice was low as she watched his disgruntled reaction.

He couldn't believe what he was told. Why would klaus give Dahlia more power? How could that kill her?

"My brother wishes to bind himself to our enemy? She'll be virtually indestructible!" Elijahs voice held so much more vivid violence than Ava had ever heard before. His tone was so malicious it reminded her of Niklaus.

"He said I had to convince you that everything he had to do; he had to do alone. You had the wrong ingredient to kill Dahlia, and he has to to buy time before he finds the right ones." Ava explained with a serious tone, brushing of the hateful glares extending from Elijah.

They were silent for a moment. Both gazes dropping to the body mutilated on the ground. Elijah had lost someone else that night.

"I'm sorry about your friend." Ava noted softly, her expression pained with a sliver of guilt.

"Are you?" He spat, never letting his gaze fall from his last love.

"I'm not condoning klaus' actions. Nothing he does is without loss. But what I do know is, klaus will do whatever he has to for..." Ava spoke quietly, not wanting to enrage the vampire again.

"Klaus will do whatever he has to do for klaus!" He roared, materialising in front of the bewildered girl.

"Don't bite the messenger, brother." A new voice called out into the air as she stepped into the light along with marcel.

Ava's eyes bulged from her sockets as she saw Rebekah mikaelson finally within her own body once again. They exchanged subtle smiles before Rebekah turned to her angered brother with a pointed look.

"Looks like Niklaus had a lot on his to do list last night."

*****

The Mikaelsons, Marcel Gerard, and Avangaline O'Connell stood around the unconscious bodies of their enemy and Niklaus. It was silent for a moment as they decided what to do.