Chapter Ninety Two

the fresh stuff
Edited majorly x

As the sun sank further into the sky an unlikely pairing had risen between Kol and Ava, a childish and immature bond that sent everyone around them begging for it to stop

As the sun sank further into the sky an unlikely pairing had risen between Kol and Ava, a childish and immature bond that sent everyone around them begging for it to stop. The pair sat on a bed that the reborn vamp had claimed, half focused on the letters that sprawled across the comforter.

Weird retorts were thrown in the air every few minutes upon the silence stretching too far, small jabs and kicks following any harsh words in a way to fight back. They was almost able to forget the new dangers that were crawling up toward them, feigning an innocent bliss neither had experienced since the downfall of the mikealsons began.

"Thought you would've ran off by now. What with all of Niks obsessive paranoia." Kol quipped with a smirk, shaking the papers in his hand as if to emphasise his point. Ava shrugged, matching his smile as she snapped the letters from his hands and began to flick through them.

"Guess I'm a self sabotager. Love a villain." She teased, barely registering the laughter she heard beyond the room.

"I've always considered myself as worse than Nik myself. So if you're looking for bad..." it was obvious to them this was just a game, something that had developed when they first met and one that irritated klaus.

"Sorry you're still too young for me." Ava wiggled her eyebrows, redirecting her attention to the sarcastic expression soon sinking into his skin.

"How so? I'm like 1000 years old." A scoff lodged in his throat as he feigned shock, hand draped against his forehead in anguish.

"How old were you when you turned? Like 12?" "17!" His response was immediate, lips pursing as she carried on.

"Oof, rough age to be stuck at." Suddenly she was on the floor, thrown off the bed with a small yelp. Without a thought she shot back up in an inhuman speed, launching the original across the room with a sharp kick to his chest. Books clattered to the floor along with Kols body, eyebrows raised in shock toward the blonde who stood triumphant upon the bed.

"Wha-. When? How did you..." he stumbled over his words, frozen in place as he slumped against the wall in confusion. She tapped her nose as their conversation dissolved away, her grin widening as the two other brothers came wandering in- captivated by the sounds.

"Well isn't this the welcome home!" Elijah noted, scanning the broken room and the way Kol stayed limp on the floor. Klaus wandered over to the bed, hand outstretched and a slanted smirk gracing his features as Avas hand slotted into his. He helped as she hopped back down onto the floor, slipping his hold from her only to move it to her waist.

"Already at the mercy of Niklaus, and just in time to help us clean up his mess. Do you miss being dead yet?" Elijah remarked, attention drifting to the lost letters left crumpled and littered across the floor. Ava noticed the tremble if his fingertips as he took one of the many papers, shaking from fear or exhaustion she wasn't sure.

"Keep up your ceaseless whining, and I'm sure he will." The quip was sharp and laced with sarcasm, forcing Ava to lightly hit his chest as klaus moved his attitude back to his brothers.

"Come on brother, I've compelled the housekeeper. Think of it as a welcome home present." He continued with a smug grin, only faltering when avas body tensed at his comment. Something was growing inside of him, a hesitance and concerned feeling that increased with each small difference in his partner.

As Ava fell deeper into her life as a vampire her hunger had began to double. It was as if she needed to quench the thirst of a hundred vampires, each one chipping away at her tolerance each time fresh blood spluttered into the air. Or even just the notion.

Red veins trickled down her cheeks and she was soon to hide her face against Niks arm, each breath weaker than the last. Before any words of reassurance could pass his lips she had vanished, leaving behind nothing but a rush of wind and a startled set of mikaelsons.

"I better go check on her." Kols eyebrows furrowed as Nik followed the trace of air, turning to his brother with a bewildered look. A few moments passed before words finally formed on the tip of his tongue.

"Since when was Ava a vampire?"

•••

421k (pre edit)
483k (post edit)

Edited!!!
I'm back bitches 😉