Chapter fifty seven

Breaking out of cuffs

After being accused by the police department, and washing away the stain of blood imprinted on her skin

After being accused by the police department, and washing away the stain of blood imprinted on her skin. Ava O'Connell was pushed into helping her sister and the ex original into finding a black magic object that could benefit them.

Ava was poking at one of the many objects as Vincent began to explain the ancestry behind each one. She could tell he was shocked to find the lost relics of dark magic hidden in the O'Connells apartment.

"This stuff is all incredibly dangerous. In the wrong hands it could destroy the city." Vincent scolded Ava as he took the object she was playing with and placed it delicately back into its place.

"Define the wrong hands, because I'm taking all of it." Detective Kinney informed the group as he entered into the hidden room. Ava's jaw slacked as she watched the man bombard his way into their home without a second hesitance.

"How did you?" Cami tried to ask the detective a question, yet grew mute at the sight of the white slip of paper within his grasp.

"You really think it was hard for me to find this place? The search warrant was easy. After all your brother was a mass murderer, and your uncles death smells like a large cover up." He explained as his gaze dropped to the blonde glaring at him in the corner.

"And funnily enough, the only prints on the victim are yours, Ava." Kinney spat as he strode over to the girl with fake confidence. Her eyes were as wide as they could be, desperately darting around the room to find some form of comfort. But all she could see was an angry detective striding toward her with a sick smile.

"Combine that with whatever the hell this is. I'd say we have a probable case." Before Ava could retort an explanation, Kinney had entrapped her wrists in hand cuffs and was pulling her toward the exit.

"Avangaline O'Connell, you're under arrest."

*****

The car ride was quiet as Ava tried to think of a way out of the police car. The constant glares she had received off of Kinney only made her angrier, how could he possible have thought she was the murderer?

A petite blonde who could barely fight off one man let alone kill them maliciously. As she was yanked from the car and stumbled to the ground, Ava finally broke the silence.

"I am not a serial killer, and whilst you waste your time questioning me. The real killer is out there, murdering someone else!" She retorted as she was pushed toward the back door of the precinct, her gaze narrowed toward the man wrongfully in prisoning her.

"Well, if I'm missing something Ava. Show me, prove to me that you are the victim. Let me help you." Kinneys voice was soft and pleading for an alternative answer. In his gut he knew she was innocent, but the evidence said otherwise.

Without a chance to explain a way out of it, the wind smacked against their bodies as another came barrelling toward them. Ava barely blinked before the detective was knocked unconscious and she was left staring at Lucien Castle, a man she knew didn't come to save her.

Before she knew it, Ava began to sprint away. Attempting to gain distance on the snarling vampire, but she knew the man could catch her at any moment.

"Ah, ah ah." Lucien tutted as he grabbed the girls wrist and spun her into his grip.

"A cold blooded killer? You continue to get more enticing the more I learn about you." He chuckled as he tightened his grip on her arms, forcing the fidgeting girl to stay still.

Lucien quickly spun Ava round, trapping her neck in between his arms. She began to pant furiously to grab any morsel of breath she could, her cheeks burning red. Lucien began to calmly stroke the hair away from her eyes, his lips centimetres away from her ear.

"You should rest, love. We have a big day ahead of us." His voice rang through the pounding of blood she could hear within her head, until finally she collapsed.

•••

107k!!

A couple days late I know.

But I just started and finished stranger things!!! And oml those kids are adorable!!

Shout outs:
@IWWROMANREIGNS
@Lola2108
@dreamswill
@RachelSotoWallace
@ameilahudson03

Please vote, comment and add to those lovely reading lists,

Sorry for any mistakes,

Thank you for reading,

Goodbye