Chapter seventy five

Forgetting family

After Ava O'Connell found out the mikaelsons had raided Luciens apartment and retrieved the dark objects that belonged to her family, yet was not told directly from them, she was shocked

It wasn't a surprise that Cami had retrieved the last white oak in existence as a wager to regain what was rightfully hers, and Ava was to have no part in getting the white oak back.

"Avangaline, love. I don't think you understand the severity of the white oak not being destroyed." Klaus whined as the petite blonde refused to be the one to get the tiny wooden horse back. Ava rolled her eyes, allowing the small child to play with her fingers as a distraction to the heated conversation.

"I understand very clearly Niklaus. Give my sister what is hers; and she will return the white oak." Ava reminded him of the wager rolling through the thickening air. He was angry he could not immediately get his way, but Ava was not going to be a martyr for the Mikaelsons when it came to her own family.

"Camille does not need possession of ancient relics that could kill thousands when in her state." Klaus muttered, a glass of bourbon in his hand that swirled with each sharp intake of air.

"And what state is that exactly?" Ava shot back, passing Hope a toy she was helplessly reaching for and slowly raising to her feet.

"We need to destroy the white oak, Ava. Or I could die." Klaus whispered in a harsh tone, hoping his child's heightened senses had yet to develop. Ava rolled her eyes at the dramatics, having her full trust in her sister.

"You know Camille would never use it as a weapon. I can't believe you just tried to guilt trip me into betraying my sister." Ava cried out in frustration, covering the infants ears as her voice raised an octave. Hope stayed blissfully playing, completely unaware of the absence of her favourite wooden caricature.

"I just thought you'd be a tad bit more concerned about my welfare, love." Nik retorted, shaking his head in disbelief as the girls jaw dropped. She dropped her hands back to her sides and allowed the irritation to flood over her expression like a flowing faucet.

"I'd be concerned if it was in the hands of Aurora De'Martel or Lucien Castle. But Camille O'Connell has not a single bad bone in her body. so excuse me for not being on your side Niklaus, when the opposition is my sister." Ava growled, veins popping under her skin and her pale cheeks flushing red. Klaus was speechless as he watched the expressions flip through her skin as if they were pages of a book, mainly frustration evident under her eyes.

"You are unbelievable Niklaus."

*****

Everything was crumbling around them. As the mikaelsons searched for Camille O'Connell and the white oak horse that was a danger to their lives, it felt as if the walls of the prophecy were closing in.