Chapter fifty three

Stripping A person of hope

Hayley had taken Hope, stripping Niklaus from his daughter like he did her

Hayley had taken Hope, stripping Niklaus from his daughter like he did her. And there was no remorse from the mikaelson siblings, as they ignored the tortured look of the hybrids face as Hope disappeared from his sight.

Ava was left to tend to his wounds, the dried blood clinging to his skin. Klaus had shown little to no emotion after the events, reality finally sinking in that his actions meant severe repercussions.

The window was open, and although the family were out of ear shot for Ava she knew klaus could hear it all. See his worst nightmare bore into a viscous reality.

"It's only temporary." Ava sighed as she looked out to see the happy couple across the street.

"Yes, as I will rip the heads off of both of the inadequate parents." Klaus spat sharply, turning away from the window with anger threading through each movement.

"No Nik, it's only temporary because although Hayley is angry now. She knows the importance of family, and she will not let her child grow up without hers." Ava reasoned, ignoring the roll of klaus' eyes.

His expression was stoic and it scared Ava, she had always seen at least one emotion in the hybrid. Even if it was something dishonourable.

But because of his brothers anger. Because of his sisters demand that he will never love. Because of his one chance at happiness being stripped away from him.

He quite literally lost hope.

*****

"So why am I standing in the police station in the middle of the day, with moderately cold coffee Cami?" Ava sang as they entered the mirrored room, a no needed explantation as Ava turned to see Lucien Castle sat in the opposite room.

"Because Kinney, the guy who stole my laptop, has decided to bring Lucien castle in for interrogation." Cami all but laughed cynically, as the two blondes stared at the unwelcoming man.

Vincent, now fully himself and Camille's new best friend, was there to help. And Ava couldn't help but notice the odd glance the criminal would always give in their direction. She was adamant Lucien knew they were there.

"You seem to know a lot about these cases." Kinneys voice sounded through the speaker as he carried on to interrogate the vampire.

"Big fan of true crime?" The air was thick with tension that Lucien seemed to slice through, his eyebrows raised and a low chuckle rippling past his lips.

"Look at my watch, mr Kinney. My cufflinks. But for a twist of fate, one of those faces might be mine." Lucien commented, twirling the gold watch decorating his wrist. The detective nodded, a small smirk on his face.

"Well you sound really frightened by the prospect." He observed sarcastically, awaiting for the confession.

"You know in my experience, people like you don't believe in fate. They make their own luck, good or bad." Ava turned to her sister with a cocked eyebrow and a sip of her lukewarm coffee.