43. May We Meet Again In Love .

Ember's POV

I was in his dreams.

It was strange.

They were warm, yet held a breeze that would chill your spine. It was colorful, yet the most beautiful things about it were in neutrals of black, gray, and white.

I was in a warp of confusion, unsure whether to feel happiness here or succumb to the sadness I spotted all around me.

"Aaron." I called out. My voice sounded distant, even to my own ears.

I tried once more, "Jay!"

I waited a moment and when I finally heard that familiar, husky voice call back, my heart nearly went in shock and beat again.

"Ember?" His face appeared in my line of sight and then his entire body. "Is it really you?"

I couldn't believe it, let alone be able to form a coherent sentence in order to reassure him. I simply ran to him.

And when I felt his arms finally wrap themselves around me, I broke.

Finally, finally!

"Please, Ember. Say something, I-I need to hear your voice."

I brought my head up to look into those familiar, muddy brown eyes.

"Hello, there." He smiled, brushing hair behind my ear.

"Jay.." I breathed.

He closed his eyes, inhaling longer than usual. As if to fully take me in. Before I could complete a sentence, I felt warm lips against my own.

"It is you." Both of his hands grabbed my face and he kissed me again, this time more alert, I leaned up to kiss him back.

"I never thought I'd see you again. Or rather, you see me." I didn't realize I was crying so much until I had to wipe tears from my lips and his.

"I'm here, baby." He held me tighter. "And I'm so sorry."

"Jay-"

"I couldn't protect you. I failed, it's my fault. I let those sick assholes get to you and now look."

"It wasn't your fault, nothing is your fault."

"Then why aren't you here with me?"

"I am."

"Ember.."

"I know, I'm sorry that I can't tell you anything different. What's done is done. All I can tell you now is not to blame yourself."

"How can I not? I knew better than to let you go. I fought to get you back and I let you walk straight into their hands."

"It was my Uncle, you have to stay away from him, Jay."

"I knew it! I'll kill him!"