51. The Catalyst Of All These Events .

Ember's POV

Other? What's an Other?

I turned to the angel, watching her royal purple pleated skirt flow in the Gates winds. She clasped her hands in front of the matching cropped shirt, "Oh my Heavens, congratulations!"

I looked between the two of them.

What the hell is going on?

Ezra touched his chest, where his heart would lie. "Ember is my Other, I've bonded to her."

Bonded? Is that what that was?

"Is that what I feel between the two of you? Oh, how magical!" She turned to me. "Congratulations. When is the ceremony?"

"The what?" I looked to Ezra and his eyes nearly flew out of his head to look anywhere but at me. "No one said anything about a-"

"Myia," Ezra interrupted me. "We need your help. I'm sorry to ask this without having the time to catch up, but it is urgent. A matter of life or death."

Funny how he's willing to ask now..

"Say no more." She bowed her head slightly. "Anything you need."

"I need an angel."

She batted her wings.

"No." He said. "An angel you don't care for."

"But-"

I looked back at the child-like angel, who may have looked younger than even me, but still held that otherworldly beauty and maturity that I would just never possess in my features it seemed.

"Myia, I won't put your soul on the line." He shook his head lightly. "Emberline made her choices knowing certain consequences would be inevitable. I won't do the same, not with you. Not with either of you. And not with Emagene. So, if we can all manage to find the same page and get on it, this will go in our favor."

I couldn't help but to be stunned by his bluntness. Not the fact that he was being blunt, per say, but more so because of what he chose to say.

"Alright." I agreed. "You're right. Myia doesn't need to be the angel," I turned to her, "But you have to know an angel you wouldn't mind getting out of the Gates."

She looked a little nervous, but still thought it over. "Well, there is this one guy.."

"Yeah?" I could almost see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Ezra looked almost proud of her. "Who?"

"His name is Michael, but he tells me I can be one of his few friends that calls him Mike."

And that light at the end of the tunnel was just an explosion ready to burst in my face.

Because it just did.

"Friend? Why would Michael need to be your friend?" I gave it some thought. "Ezra, I don't like the sound of this. There's already speculation he's taking everyone connected to Emberline. He's working on taking me. What if he's-"

A low rumble shook the ground beneath our feet. Myia and I clutched one another to sturdy ourselves, turning to Ezra, we realized just what the source of the quake was.

His rage.

Ezra was seething black from his body. His dark mist seeming to seep from body, flowing down and pouring in a manner that made it look like dark water.

His energy crackled in the air, fear of getting shocked just from touching him would be validated. A shadow casted around his figure and I could make the outline out of strong features, no.. bone. Cut, crisp bone that outlined his face.